Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/3] mtd/nand: fix coding style issue in drivers/mtd/nand/fsl_elbc.c

From: Artem Bityutskiy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 00:08:08 +0200

On Tue, 2011-11-15 at 17:29 +0800, [email-masked] wrote:
> From: Liu Shuo <[email-masked]>
> 
> fix whitespaces,tabs coding style issue and use #include <linux/io.h> instead of <asm/io.h>
> in drivers/mtd/nand/fsl_elbc.c.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Liu Shuo <[email-masked]>
> Signed-off-by: Li Yang <[email-masked]>

Hi, It is really matter of taste whether to use only tabs for
indentations or tabs + few spaces to align nicely with the previous
line. I personally prefer the latter and dislike when people use only
tabs. But other people love tabs and use them everywhere, even like
#define\tBLAH_BLAH\tvalue, which I find ugly, but I do not mind people
using this.

So no, please, let's leave the indentation as is in this file. It is ok
to assume tab is 8 spaces in the kernel.

Artem.