Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] powerpc: Move GE GPIO and PIC drivers

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 08:32:26 +1100

On Mon, 2012-02-27 at 13:57 +0000, Martyn Welch wrote:

> This patch (or one like it) has been around for a while now. Kumar wanted me
> to put them here rather than sysdev[1], but I'm easy either way.

Ah well, I disagree with Kumar here :-) One thing you can do is put all
your platforms files including the drivers in platforms/ge, that works
too. What I don't want is to have stray files at the top-level of
platforms.

> > Also, use git mv so that the file moves appear as such in the history,
> > this will make review easier by clearly separating the move from actual
> > changes to the files.
> > 
> 
> Hmm, thought I'd done that. Will try again.

Could be the way you exported the patch, I don't remember the git option
off the top of my head but there's a way to make it show the moves as
such.

Cheers,
Ben.