Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/15] PowerMac i2c API conversions & windfarm updates

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 19:19:35 +1000

On Thu, 2012-04-26 at 11:13 +0200, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > What if you just comment out the tickle code ?
> 
> I haven't tried it yet, but I suspect it won't tickle the fcu any more
> since wf_control_set avoids writing an unchanged value (unlike the old
> driver).

Sure, the question is whether that fixes the "annoyance" :-)

I don't think we really need to tickle the FCU as long as we have that
#define set in windfarm_fcu to use the actual fan values rather than the
programmed one.

In fact, can you change that define around and see if it makes it behave
more like therm_pm72 overall ? IE That's the only -known- difference
between the old and new driver (+/- a bug / typo / etc..)

Cheers,
Ben.