Subject: Re: [PATCH] powerpc: Add an xmon command to dump one or all pacas

From: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 14:44:30 +1000

On Wed, 2012-09-12 at 18:45 +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-09-12 at 17:52 +1000, Michael Ellerman wrote:
> > This was originally motivated by a desire to see the mapping between
> > logical and hardware cpu numbers.
> > 
> > But it seemed that it made more sense to just add a command to dump
> > (most of) the paca.
> > 
> > With no arguments "dp" will dump the paca for all possible cpus. If
> > there are no possible cpus, like early in boot, it will tell you that.
> 
> I'd rather "dp" dump the paca for the current active CPU in xmon.
> Shouldn't be hard to make a "dpa" that dumps them all too.

OK.

I also want to be able to dump the paca of a cpu not in xmon, so I'll
keep the "dp #" variant as well.

cheers