Subject: Re: [PATCH V7 1/7] kbuild: centralize .dts->.dtb rule

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 10:28:11 +1100

On Wed, 2012-11-28 at 11:33 -0700, Stephen Warren wrote:

> Following this patch (http://lkml.org/lkml/2012/11/27/555), I posted a
> series of patches to convert almost all architectures to using the
> centralized rule. The one architecture I didn't convert was PowerPC.
> 
> I didn't convert it because arch/powerpc/boot/Makefile contains a large
> number of rules (to generate *Image.% where % is a board name) that
> depend on %.dtb, which is expected to be in arch/powerpc/boot rather
> than arch/powerpc/boot/dts. Now, I guess it's possible to convert them
> all to expect the .dtb files to be in dts/ and also have
> arch/powerpc/boot/Makefile call make in boot/dts/ to make each required
> .dtb file. However, the patch would be a bit larger than all the other
> architecture patches. Do you want me to do that conversion, or would you
> rather I leave PowerPC alone? Thanks for any feedback.

Kumar, any objection to moving the dtb's to arch/powerpc/boot/dtb/ ?
Other than breaking a script or two out there ...

Cheers,
Ben.