Subject: Re: Interrupt handler not executed

From: Scott Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 12:16:11 -0600

On 01/11/2013 01:36:29 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> We are working on board based on Freescale MPC8313ERDB. We have =20
> ported linux 3.0.46 kernel on it. In one of device driver written by =20
> us, we need to take some action upon asserting IRQ0 interrupt. For =20
> this we have written interrupt handler which takes care of this. We =20
> are able register interrupt handler successfully with the help of =20
> 'request_irq'. We confirmed this by checking respective entry in =20
> '/proc/interrupts'. We have also confirmed assertion of interrupt =20
> line (IRQ0) on oscilloscope. The problem is, interrupt handler does =20
> not execute upon asserting the interrupt line.

What IRQ number did you pass to request_irq()?  request_irq() takes =20
virtual interrupt numbers, not anything out of the chip manual.

If that's not the issue, is the interrupt configured properly for level =20
and sense?

-Scott=