Subject: [PATCH v3 00/22] PCI: Iterate pci host bridge instead of pci root bus

From: Yinghai Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 11:23:27 -0800

Now we have pci_root_buses list, and there is lots of iteration with
list_of_each of it, that is not safe after we add pci root bus hotplug
support after booting stage.

Add pci_get_next_host_bridge and use bus_find_device in driver core to
iterate host bridge and the same time get root bus.

We replace searching root bus with searching host_bridge,
as host_bridge->bus is the root bus.
After those replacing, we even could kill pci_root_buses list.

based on pci/next

could get from
        git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/yinghai/linux-yinghai.git for-pci-for-each-host-bridge

-v2: updated after pci_root_bus_hotplug get into pci/next
-v3: update changelog and add cc for pci core change for arch guys.

Cc: Mauro Carvalho Chehab <[email-masked]>
Cc: Doug Thompson <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: David Airlie <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: "David S. Miller" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: Tony Luck <[email-masked]>
Cc: Fenghua Yu <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: Richard Henderson <[email-masked]>
Cc: Ivan Kokshaysky <[email-masked]>
Cc: Matt Turner <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: Russell King <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: David Howells <[email-masked]>
Cc: Michal Simek <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: Koichi Yasutake <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Cc: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Cc: Paul Mackerras <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

Yinghai Lu (22):
  PCI: Rename pci_release_bus_bridge_dev to pci_release_host_bridge_dev
  PCI: Add dummy bus_type for pci_host_bridge
  PCI, libata: remove find_bridge in acpi_bus_type
  PCI, ACPI: Update comments for find_bridge in acpi_bus_type
  PCI: Add for_each_pci_host_bridge() and pci_get_next_host_bridge
  PCI, hotplug: Kill pci_find_next_bus in sgi_hotplug
  PCI: Kill pci_find_next_bus in pci_sysfs
  PCI, edac: Kill pci_find_next_bus in edac
  PCI, x86: Kill pci_find_next_bus in pcibios_scan_root
  PCI, x86: Kill pci_root_buses in resources reservations
  PCI, drm: Kill pci_root_buses in alpha hose setting
  PCI: Kill pci_root_buses in setup-bus
  PCI, sparc: Kill pci_find_next_bus
  PCI, ia64: Kill pci_find_next_bus
  PCI, alpha: Kill pci_root_buses
  PCI, arm: Kill pci_root_buses
  PCI, frv: Kill pci_root_buses in resources reservations
  PCI, microblaze: Kill pci_root_buses in resources reservations
  PCI, mn10300: Kill pci_root_buses in resources reservations
  PCI, powerpc: Kill pci_root_buses in resources reservations
  PCI: Kill pci_find_next_bus
  PCI: Kill pci_root_buses

 arch/alpha/kernel/pci.c                 |    6 +--
 arch/arm/kernel/bios32.c                |    9 ++---
 arch/frv/mb93090-mb00/pci-frv.c         |   37 +++++++++---------
 arch/ia64/hp/common/sba_iommu.c         |    7 ++--
 arch/ia64/sn/kernel/io_common.c         |    5 ++-
 arch/microblaze/pci/pci-common.c        |   10 ++---
 arch/mn10300/unit-asb2305/pci-asb2305.c |   62 ++++++++++++++++---------------
 arch/powerpc/kernel/pci-common.c        |   13 +++----
 arch/powerpc/kernel/pci_64.c            |    8 ++--
 arch/sparc/kernel/pci.c                 |    6 ++-
 arch/x86/pci/common.c                   |    9 +++--
 arch/x86/pci/i386.c                     |   20 +++++-----
 drivers/ata/libata-acpi.c               |    6 ---
 drivers/edac/i7core_edac.c              |    6 +--
 drivers/gpu/drm/drm_fops.c              |   10 +++--
 drivers/pci/hotplug/sgi_hotplug.c       |    6 ++-
 drivers/pci/pci-driver.c                |   11 +++++-
 drivers/pci/pci-sysfs.c                 |    6 +--
 drivers/pci/probe.c                     |   13 ++-----
 drivers/pci/search.c                    |   61 +++++++++++++++---------------
 drivers/pci/setup-bus.c                 |   24 ++++++------
 include/acpi/acpi_bus.h                 |    2 +-
 include/linux/pci.h                     |   18 +++++----
 23 files changed, 187 insertions(+), 168 deletions(-)

-- 
1.7.10.4