Subject: Re: Linux kernel 3.x problems on PowerMac G5

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2013 06:24:17 +1100

On Sun, 2013-03-03 at 20:16 +0100, Phileas Fogg wrote:
> Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> > Thanks. It looks like a bisection might indeed be the way to go...
> >
> > Out of curiosity, have you tried without some of your additional drivers ?
> > Maybe one of them is the culprit...
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Ben.
> >
> 
> Not yet, will do.
> But I tested the official Debian Wheezy RC netinstall CD with Linux 3.2,
> it has the same problem and hangs at boot on my machine.

Ok, so it's definitely something about your configuration. Maybe
something in the 11,2 support code chokes on single-chip configs, I
don't have one of them to test, both mines are dual chip (ie. quad
core).

But it does look like a regression that should be bisectable, so let me
know went you're done there and what you get.

Cheers,
Ben.