Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/5] ibmebus: convert of_platform_driver to platform_driver

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 03:35:30 +1000

On Thu, 2013-04-25 at 10:23 -0500, Rob Herring wrote:
> Ben, Can I have your Ack for this? The change is straightforward and
> neither of the 2 drivers used the id parameter that is removed.

Didn't you get my mail about a compile failure caused by this patch ?

Or did you send an update that I missed ?

(Copy of the original email below)

Cheers,
Ben.

----

On Sun, 2013-04-21 at 21:13 -0500, Rob Herring wrote:
> From: Rob Herring <[email-masked]>
> 
> ibmebus is the last remaining user of of_platform_driver and the
> conversion to a regular platform driver is trivial.

A quick build test leads to:

/home/benh/linux-powerpc-test/arch/powerpc/kernel/ibmebus.c: In function 'ibmebus_bus_device_probe':
/home/benh/linux-powerpc-test/arch/powerpc/kernel/ibmebus.c:344:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'to_platform_driver' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
/home/benh/linux-powerpc-test/arch/powerpc/kernel/ibmebus.c:344:6: error: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast [-Werror]
/home/benh/linux-powerpc-test/arch/powerpc/kernel/ibmebus.c: In function 'ibmebus_bus_device_remove':
/home/benh/linux-powerpc-test/arch/powerpc/kernel/ibmebus.c:363:32: error: initialization makes pointer from integer without a cast [-Werror]
/home/benh/linux-powerpc-test/arch/powerpc/kernel/ibmebus.c: In function 'ibmebus_bus_device_shutdown':
/home/benh/linux-powerpc-test/arch/powerpc/kernel/ibmebus.c:373:32: error: initialization makes pointer from integer without a cast [-Werror]
/home/benh/linux-powerpc-test/arch/powerpc/kernel/ibmebus.c: In function 'ibmebus_bus_legacy_suspend':
/home/benh/linux-powerpc-test/arch/powerpc/kernel/ibmebus.c:420:32: error: initialization makes pointer from integer without a cast [-Werror]
/home/benh/linux-powerpc-test/arch/powerpc/kernel/ibmebus.c: In function 'ibmebus_bus_legacy_resume':
/home/benh/linux-powerpc-test/arch/powerpc/kernel/ibmebus.c:431:32: error: initialization makes pointer from integer without a cast [-Werror]
cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
make[2]: *** [arch/powerpc/kernel/ibmebus.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

Haven't had a chance to look too closely today -EJETLAG :-)