Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/3] powerpc/mpc85xx: remove the unneeded pci init functions for corenet ds board

From: Scott Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 19:00:04 -0500

On 06/06/2013 09:00:20 PM, Kevin Hao wrote:
> As you can see, the only difference between these two logs is the
> io resource address and all the mem and bus address are still the
> same.

Hmm... The thing that originally motivated the picking of an arbitrary =20
primary was virtio being assigned a BAR of zero, and QEMU not liking =20
that.  I guess something changed so that's no longer happening, even =20
without a primary.

> > Is anything actually fixed by this?
>=20
> No. As you know the reason we need a primary bus is that we need to =20
> support
> some ISA legacy devices. So it seems a little weird that we have to =20
> pick
> one primary bus even on a board which doesn't has ISA at all.

Yeah, it was a workaround for some other issues, as discussed.  It was =20
meant to be temporary.

-Scott=