Subject: BUG: no PCI/PCIe devices found in 85xx architecture

From: Stefani Seibold <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 20:40:14 +0200

Hi,

there is a bug in kernel 3.9 which the new fsl_pci platform driver. The
pcibios_init in pci_32.c will be called before the platform driver probe
will be invoked.

The call order for a p2020 board with linux 3.9 is currently:

fsl_pci_init
pcibios_init
fsl_pci_probe
fsl_pci_probe
fsl_pci_probe

Therefore the PCI/PCIe bridge will be added after the PCI/PCIe busses
was scanned for devices. So no PCI/PCIe devices are available.

Everything works fine by reverting the fsl_pci.[ch] to the version in
linux 3.4, because the PCI/PCIe bridges will be added in
the ..._setup_arch() function, before the pcibios_init function is
called.

Any solution for this issue?

- Stefani