Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] powerpc/booke64: Use common defines for AltiVec interrupts numbers

From: Scott Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 19:56:53 -0500

On 07/01/2013 07:18:21 PM, Alexander Graf wrote:
>=20
> On 01.07.2013, at 17:35, Mihai Caraman wrote:
>=20
> > On Book3E some SPE/FP/AltiVec interrupts share the same number. Use
> > common defines to indentify these numbers.
>=20
> So why didn't this happen from the beginning?

Ask Kumar.

> Why the change?

So we can remove this hack in kvm_asm.h:

/*
  * TODO: Unify 32-bit and 64-bit kernel exception handlers to use same =20
defines
  */
#define BOOKE_INTERRUPT_SPE_UNAVAIL BOOKE_INTERRUPT_SPE_ALTIVEC_UNAVAIL
#define BOOKE_INTERRUPT_SPE_FP_DATA =20
BOOKE_INTERRUPT_SPE_FP_DATA_ALTIVEC_ASSIST
#define BOOKE_INTERRUPT_ALTIVEC_UNAVAIL =20
BOOKE_INTERRUPT_SPE_ALTIVEC_UNAVAIL
#define BOOKE_INTERRUPT_ALTIVEC_ASSIST \
                                 =20
BOOKE_INTERRUPT_SPE_FP_DATA_ALTIVEC_ASSIST

It was added as a compilation fix, and it was less intrusive to =20
temporarily fix it this way.

I am curious why the above code wasn't removed at the end of this =20
patchset. :-)

-Scott=