Subject: Re: 答复: 答复: [PATCH 2/2] powerpc/85xx: add the P1020RDB-PD DTS support

From: Scott Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 11:09:22 -0500

On 07/09/2013 12:34:34 AM, Zhang Haijun-B42677 wrote:
> > cpld@2,0 {
> >           compatible =3D "fsl, p1020rdb-cpld";
> >           reg =3D <0x2 0x0 0x20000>;
> >           read-only;
> > };
>=20
> Again, what is read-only supposed to mean here?  I don't care that =20
> it's
> copied from the PC version.  It doesn't make sense, and is not
> documented in a binding.
>=20
> Mostly CPLD only used to read configuration from. Supposed not been =20
> changed.

The device tree describes the hardware, not the intended use (the =20
partition stuff is not a good example).  Plus, any property you use =20
must be documented in a binding.

And please use proper quoting in your e-mail replies.  Don't just =20
insert your response as if it were part of what I wrote.  You should be =20
able to make your e-mail client do this automatically (if you can't, =20
get a new e-mail client).

-Scott=