Subject: Re: Inbound PCI and Memory Corruption

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 08:02:33 +1000

On Thu, 2013-07-18 at 14:30 -0700, Peter LaDow wrote:
> We are still stumped on this one, but during a review of the system
> setup one thing came up that we aren't sure about is the device tree
> and the DMA engine.
> 
> It does seem that for incoming PCI transactions the Freescale DMA
> engine is not used.  And in our device tree we have the DMA engine
> commented out.  That is, the "fsl,mpc8349-dma" and "fsl,elo-dma"
> compatible items are not present in the FDT.
> 
> I don't suppose this could be a problem?

I doubt it but somebody from FSL might be able to give a better answer.

I'm personally at a loss. It looks like you are doing everything
right from what I can tell.

That leaves us with some kind of oddball driver bug or a problem
with the low level configuration of the PCIe bridge or the chip
internal bus related to cache coherency maybe.

Ben.