Subject: Re: Virtex TEMAC ping -s 10000 host, is it working?

From: Lorenz Kolb <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 02:30:08 -0800 (PST)

alex_snippet wrote:
> 
> Hi All!
> 
> On Virtex 4FX board with TEMAC core, Linux ping working fine, but if s -
> parameter set to big values it freezes for ever...
> 
> Colleagues please share your experience with ping -s 10000 host.
> 
> Do you know what parameters in core or in Linux kernel must be changed to
> improve it.
> 
> My customer is too hypercritical, he likes to ping :(
> 
> I tried to  increase LX/TX buffers in core, it increased dead line but
> there is no desirable result.
> 
> 
> 

Hey, I can understand that customer, I like pinging as well.
And it works for me. Our design is based on ML403.
We use PLB_TEMAC (with minimum Fifos (4kB each)) and HardTEMAC

> .
> .
> .
> 10008 bytes from 192.168.0.206: icmp_seq=733 ttl=64 time=2.42 ms
> 10008 bytes from 192.168.0.206: icmp_seq=734 ttl=64 time=2.50 ms
> 10008 bytes from 192.168.0.206: icmp_seq=735 ttl=64 time=2.43 ms
> 10008 bytes from 192.168.0.206: icmp_seq=736 ttl=64 time=2.43 ms
> 10008 bytes from 192.168.0.206: icmp_seq=737 ttl=64 time=2.44 ms
> 10008 bytes from 192.168.0.206: icmp_seq=738 ttl=64 time=2.42 ms
> 10008 bytes from 192.168.0.206: icmp_seq=739 ttl=64 time=2.51 ms
> 10008 bytes from 192.168.0.206: icmp_seq=740 ttl=64 time=2.42 ms
> 10008 bytes from 192.168.0.206: icmp_seq=741 ttl=64 time=2.50 ms
> 10008 bytes from 192.168.0.206: icmp_seq=742 ttl=64 time=2.43 ms
> .
> .
> .
> 

And so on...

> --- 192.168.0.206 ping statistics ---
> 850 packets transmitted, 850 received, 0% packet loss, time 849010ms
> rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 2.399/11.623/1001.859/92.782 ms, pipe 3
> 
-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Virtex-TEMAC-ping--s-10000-host%2C-is-it-working--tf4812989.html#a13790720
Sent from the linuxppc-embedded mailing list archive at Nabble.com.