Subject: Re: [PATCH] powerpc/pseries: Don't try to register pseries cpu hotplug on non-pseries

From: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 13:02:14 +1100

On Tue, 2013-12-10 at 11:31 +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> This results in oddball messages at boot on other platforms telling us
> that CPU hotplug isn't supported even when it is.

We have a bunch more. Most are probably safe because they rely on the device
tree but we should probably convert them anyway?

$ git grep initcall arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/ | grep -v machine_
arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/dtl.c:arch_initcall(dtl_init);
arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/eeh_pseries.c:early_initcall(eeh_pseries_init);
arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/hotplug-cpu.c:arch_initcall(pseries_cpu_hotplug_init);
arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/hvCall_inst.c:__initcall(hcall_inst_init);
arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/mobility.c:device_initcall(mobility_sysfs_init);
arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/msi.c:arch_initcall(rtas_msi_init);
arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/power.c:core_initcall(pm_init);
arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/power.c:__initcall(apo_pm_init);
arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/ras.c:subsys_initcall(init_ras_IRQ);
arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/reconfig.c:__initcall(proc_ppc64_create_ofdt);
arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/rng.c:subsys_initcall(rng_init);
arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/setup.c:early_initcall(alloc_dispatch_log_kmem_cache);
arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/suspend.c:__initcall(pseries_suspend_init);

cheers