Subject: [git pull] Please pull powerpc.git merge branch

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 15:37:57 +1100

Hi Linus !

This is the patch that I had sent after -rc8 and which we decided
to wait before merging. It's based on a different tree than my
-next branch (it needs some pre-reqs that were in -rc4 or so while
my -next is based on -rc1) so I left it as a separate branch for
your to pull. It's identical to the request I did 2 or 3 weeks back.

This fixes crashes in mremap with THP on powerpc.

The fix however requires a small change in the generic code. It moves a
condition into a helper we can override from the arch which is harmless,
but it *also* slightly changes the order of the set_pmd and the withdraw
& deposit, which should be fine according to Kirill (who wrote that
code) but I agree -rc8 is a bit late...

It was acked by Kirill and Andrew told me to just merge it via powerpc.

Cheers,
Ben.

The following changes since commit a6da83f98267bc8ee4e34aa899169991eb0ceb93:

  Merge branch 'merge' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/benh/powerpc (2014-01-13 10:59:05 +0700)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/benh/powerpc.git merge

for you to fetch changes up to b3084f4db3aeb991c507ca774337c7e7893ed04f:

  powerpc/thp: Fix crash on mremap (2014-01-15 15:46:38 +1100)

----------------------------------------------------------------
Aneesh Kumar K.V (1):
      powerpc/thp: Fix crash on mremap

 arch/powerpc/include/asm/pgtable-ppc64.h | 14 ++++++++++++++
 include/asm-generic/pgtable.h            | 12 ++++++++++++
 mm/huge_memory.c                         | 14 +++++---------
 3 files changed, 31 insertions(+), 9 deletions(-)