Subject: [PATCH v2 00/12] defconfigs: add MTD_SPI_NOR (new subsystem dependency for M25P80)

From: Brian Norris <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2014 23:26:35 -0700

v1 --> v2: split ARM defconfig changes into their sub-architectures. No change
           in the overall diff.

Hi all,

We are introducing a new SPI-NOR subsystem/framework for MTD, to support
various types of SPI-NOR flash controllers which require (or benefit from)
intimate knowledge of the flash interface, rather than just the relatively dumb
SPI interface. This framework borrows much of the m25p80 driver for its
abstraction and moves this code into a spi-nor module.

This means CONFIG_M25P80 now has a dependency on CONFIG_MTD_SPI_NOR, which
should be added to the defconfigs. I expect that each (sub)architecture
maintainer can merge these patches to their own tree.

Note that without the new CONFIG_MTD_SPI_NOR symbol in your defconfig, Kconfig
will automatically drop M25P80 for you.

Please keep general comments to the cover letter, so all parties can see.

This series is based on 3.15-rc1.

The SPI-NOR development code (in -next, queued for 3.16) is here:

  git://git.infradead.org/l2-mtd.git +spinor

This defconfig series is available in the same repo at:

  git://git.infradead.org/l2-mtd.git +defconfigs

Thanks,
Brian

Brian Norris (12):
  ARM: imx/mxs defconfigs: add MTD_SPI_NOR (new dependency for M25P80)
  ARM: defconfigs: add MTD_SPI_NOR (new dependency for M25P80)
  ARM: keystone: add MTD_SPI_NOR (new dependency for M25P80)
  ARM: tegra: add MTD_SPI_NOR (new dependency for M25P80)
  ARM: lpc32xx: add MTD_SPI_NOR (new dependency for M25P80)
  ARM: at91: add MTD_SPI_NOR (new dependency for M25P80)
  ARM: shmobile: add MTD_SPI_NOR (new dependency for M25P80)
  ARM: marvell: add MTD_SPI_NOR (new dependency for M25P80)
  blackfin: defconfigs: add MTD_SPI_NOR (new dependency for M25P80)
  mips: defconfigs: add MTD_SPI_NOR (new dependency for M25P80)
  powerpc: defconfigs: add MTD_SPI_NOR (new dependency for M25P80)
  sh: defconfig: add MTD_SPI_NOR (new dependency for M25P80)

 arch/arm/configs/bockw_defconfig               | 2 +-
 arch/arm/configs/dove_defconfig                | 2 +-
 arch/arm/configs/imx_v6_v7_defconfig           | 1 +
 arch/arm/configs/keystone_defconfig            | 1 +
 arch/arm/configs/kirkwood_defconfig            | 1 +
 arch/arm/configs/koelsch_defconfig             | 1 +
 arch/arm/configs/lager_defconfig               | 1 +
 arch/arm/configs/lpc32xx_defconfig             | 2 +-
 arch/arm/configs/multi_v5_defconfig            | 1 +
 arch/arm/configs/multi_v7_defconfig            | 1 +
 arch/arm/configs/mvebu_v5_defconfig            | 1 +
 arch/arm/configs/mvebu_v7_defconfig            | 1 +
 arch/arm/configs/mxs_defconfig                 | 1 +
 arch/arm/configs/sama5_defconfig               | 2 +-
 arch/arm/configs/shmobile_defconfig            | 1 +
 arch/arm/configs/tegra_defconfig               | 1 +
 arch/blackfin/configs/BF526-EZBRD_defconfig    | 2 +-
 arch/blackfin/configs/BF527-EZKIT-V2_defconfig | 2 +-
 arch/blackfin/configs/BF527-EZKIT_defconfig    | 2 +-
 arch/blackfin/configs/BF548-EZKIT_defconfig    | 2 +-
 arch/blackfin/configs/BF609-EZKIT_defconfig    | 2 +-
 arch/blackfin/configs/BlackStamp_defconfig     | 3 +--
 arch/blackfin/configs/H8606_defconfig          | 3 +--
 arch/mips/configs/ath79_defconfig              | 3 +--
 arch/mips/configs/db1xxx_defconfig             | 1 +
 arch/mips/configs/rt305x_defconfig             | 2 +-
 arch/powerpc/configs/corenet32_smp_defconfig   | 2 +-
 arch/powerpc/configs/corenet64_smp_defconfig   | 2 +-
 arch/powerpc/configs/mpc85xx_defconfig         | 2 +-
 arch/powerpc/configs/mpc85xx_smp_defconfig     | 2 +-
 arch/sh/configs/sh7757lcr_defconfig            | 2 +-
 31 files changed, 31 insertions(+), 21 deletions(-)

-- 
1.8.3.2