Subject: Re: powerpc: remove checks for CONFIG_BOOK3E_MMU_TLB_STATS

From: Paul Bolle <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 09:33:26 +0200

Scott,

On Thu, 2014-05-22 at 17:37 -0500, Scott Wood wrote:
> /home/scott/fsl/git/linux/upstream/arch/powerpc/mm/tlb_low_64e.S: Assembler messages:
> /home/scott/fsl/git/linux/upstream/arch/powerpc/mm/tlb_low_64e.S:89: Error: unrecognized opcode: `tlb_miss_prolog_stats'
> /home/scott/fsl/git/linux/upstream/arch/powerpc/mm/tlb_low_64e.S:238: Error: unrecognized opcode: `tlb_miss_prolog_stats'
> /home/scott/fsl/git/linux/upstream/arch/powerpc/mm/tlb_low_64e.S:269: Error: unrecognized opcode: `tlb_miss_prolog_stats'
> /home/scott/fsl/git/linux/upstream/arch/powerpc/mm/tlb_low_64e.S:281: Error: unrecognized opcode: `tlb_miss_prolog_stats'
> /home/scott/fsl/git/linux/upstream/arch/powerpc/mm/tlb_low_64e.S:441: Error: unrecognized opcode: `tlb_miss_prolog_stats'
> /home/scott/fsl/git/linux/upstream/arch/powerpc/mm/tlb_low_64e.S:510: Error: unrecognized opcode: `tlb_miss_prolog_stats'
> /home/scott/fsl/git/linux/upstream/arch/powerpc/mm/tlb_low_64e.S:881: Error: unrecognized opcode: `tlb_miss_prolog_stats'
> /home/scott/fsl/git/linux/upstream/arch/powerpc/mm/tlb_low_64e.S:918: Error: unrecognized opcode: `tlb_miss_prolog_stats'

Thanks for testing!

That's a bit surprising. The patch is intended to be a non event. Ie, it
only removes what the preprocessor would have removed anyway. Unless I
botched it, of course.

What exactly did you test there?

Paul Bolle