Subject: [git pull] Please pull powerpc.git next branch

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 10:55:18 +1000

Hi Linus !

Here are the remaining bits I was mentioning earlier. Mostly bug fixes
and new selftests from Michael (yay !). He also removed the WSP platform
and A2 core support which were dead before release, so less clutter.

One little "feature" I snuck in is the doorbell IPI support for
non-virtualized P8 which speeds up IPIs significantly between threads
of a core.

Cheers,
Ben.

The following changes since commit dfb945473ae8528fd885607b6fa843c676745e0c:

  Merge git://www.linux-watchdog.org/linux-watchdog (2014-06-10 19:16:36 -0700)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/benh/powerpc.git next

for you to fetch changes up to ad718622ab6d500c870772b1b8dda46fa2195e6d:

  powerpc/book3s: Fix some ABIv2 issues in machine check code (2014-06-12 09:41:33 +1000)

----------------------------------------------------------------
Anton Blanchard (4):
      powernv: Fix permissions on sysparam sysfs entries
      crypto/nx: disable NX on little endian builds
      powerpc/powernv: Reduce panic timeout from 180s to 10s
      powerpc/book3s: Fix some ABIv2 issues in machine check code

Benjamin Herrenschmidt (1):
      powerpc: Add AT_HWCAP2 to indicate V.CRYPTO category support

Dan Carpenter (2):
      powerpc/cpm: Remove duplicate FCC_GFMR_TTX define
      powerpc/spufs: Remove duplicate SPUFS_CNTL_MAP_SIZE define

Gavin Shan (5):
      powerpc/eeh: Clear frozen state for child PE
      powerpc/eeh: Report frozen parent PE prior to child PE
      powerpc/powernv: Don't escalate non-existing frozen PE
      powerpc/powernv: Fix killed EEH event
      powerpc/eeh: Dump PE location code

Guo Chao (1):
      powerpc/powernv: Fix endianness problems in EEH

Joel Stanley (1):
      powerpc/powernv: Fix reading of OPAL msglog

Kees Cook (1):
      powerpc/xmon: avoid format string leaking to printk

Mahesh Salgaonkar (4):
      powerpc/book3s: Fix machine check handling for unhandled errors
      powerpc/book3s: Add stack overflow check in machine check handler.
      powerpc/book3s: Increment the mce counter during machine_check_early call.
      powerpc/book3s: Fix guest MC delivery mechanism to avoid soft lockups in guest.

Michael Ellerman (6):
      powerpc: Remove platforms/wsp and associated pieces
      powerpc/perf: Ensure all EBB register state is cleared on fork()
      selftests/powerpc: Fix instruction loop for ABIv2 (LE)
      selftests/powerpc: Put the test in a separate process group
      selftests/powerpc: Add support for skipping tests
      selftests/powerpc: Add tests of PMU EBBs

Michael Neuling (3):
      powerpc: Don't setup CPUs with bad status
      powerpc/cpuidle: Only clear LPCR decrementer wakeup bit on fast sleep entry
      powerpc/powernv: Enable POWER8 doorbell IPIs

Paul Bolle (3):
      powerpc: Remove check for CONFIG_SERIAL_TEXT_DEBUG
      powerpc: fix typo 'CONFIG_PPC_CPU'
      powerpc: fix typo 'CONFIG_PMAC'

Sam bobroff (1):
      powerpc: Correct DSCR during TM context switch

Shreyas B. Prabhu (2):
      powerpc/powernv: Include asm/smp.h to fix UP build failure
      powerpc/powernv : Disable subcore for UP configs

 arch/powerpc/Kconfig.debug                         |    5 -
 arch/powerpc/configs/chroma_defconfig              |  307 ------
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/cpm2.h                    |    1 -
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/eeh.h                     |    1 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/eeh_event.h               |    2 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/mmu-book3e.h              |    4 -
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/opal.h                    |  102 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/reg_a2.h                  |    9 -
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/switch_to.h               |    8 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/wsp.h                     |   14 -
 arch/powerpc/include/uapi/asm/cputable.h           |    1 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/Makefile                       |    1 -
 arch/powerpc/kernel/cpu_setup_a2.S                 |  120 ---
 arch/powerpc/kernel/cpu_setup_power.S              |    2 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/cputable.c                     |   41 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/eeh.c                          |   38 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/eeh_driver.c                   |   24 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/eeh_event.c                    |   21 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/eeh_pe.c                       |   60 ++
 arch/powerpc/kernel/entry_64.S                     |    6 -
 arch/powerpc/kernel/exceptions-64e.S               |   16 -
 arch/powerpc/kernel/exceptions-64s.S               |   64 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/head_40x.S                     |   19 -
 arch/powerpc/kernel/process.c                      |    8 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/setup-common.c                 |    2 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/time.c                         |    2 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/traps.c                        |    2 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/udbg.c                         |    2 -
 arch/powerpc/kernel/udbg_16550.c                   |   11 -
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_ras.c                   |   15 +-
 arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_rmhandlers.S            |   19 +-
 arch/powerpc/lib/sstep.c                           |    2 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/Kconfig                     |    1 -
 arch/powerpc/platforms/Kconfig.cputype             |    6 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/Makefile                    |    1 -
 arch/powerpc/platforms/cell/spufs/spufs.h          |    1 -
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/Kconfig             |    1 +
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/Makefile            |    4 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/eeh-ioda.c          |  109 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/opal-msglog.c       |    6 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/opal-sysparam.c     |    4 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/pci.c               |   81 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/setup.c             |    3 +
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/smp.c               |    6 +
 arch/powerpc/platforms/pseries/Kconfig             |    1 +
 arch/powerpc/platforms/wsp/Kconfig                 |   30 -
 arch/powerpc/platforms/wsp/Makefile                |   10 -
 arch/powerpc/platforms/wsp/chroma.c                |   56 -
 arch/powerpc/platforms/wsp/h8.c                    |  135 ---
 arch/powerpc/platforms/wsp/ics.c                   |  762 -------------
 arch/powerpc/platforms/wsp/ics.h                   |   25 -
 arch/powerpc/platforms/wsp/msi.c                   |  102 --
 arch/powerpc/platforms/wsp/msi.h                   |   19 -
 arch/powerpc/platforms/wsp/opb_pic.c               |  321 ------
 arch/powerpc/platforms/wsp/psr2.c                  |   67 --
 arch/powerpc/platforms/wsp/scom_smp.c              |  435 --------
 arch/powerpc/platforms/wsp/scom_wsp.c              |   82 --
 arch/powerpc/platforms/wsp/setup.c                 |   36 -
 arch/powerpc/platforms/wsp/smp.c                   |   88 --
 arch/powerpc/platforms/wsp/wsp.c                   |  117 --
 arch/powerpc/platforms/wsp/wsp.h                   |   29 -
 arch/powerpc/platforms/wsp/wsp_pci.c               | 1134 --------------------
 arch/powerpc/platforms/wsp/wsp_pci.h               |  268 -----
 arch/powerpc/sysdev/xics/icp-native.c              |    9 +-
 arch/powerpc/xmon/nonstdio.c                       |    2 +-
 drivers/cpuidle/cpuidle-powernv.c                  |    8 +-
 drivers/crypto/Kconfig                             |    2 +-
 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/Makefile           |    2 +-
 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/harness.c          |   15 +-
 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/pmu/Makefile       |   26 +-
 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/pmu/ebb/Makefile   |   32 +
 .../powerpc/pmu/ebb/back_to_back_ebbs_test.c       |  106 ++
 .../powerpc/pmu/ebb/close_clears_pmcc_test.c       |   59 +
 .../powerpc/pmu/ebb/cpu_event_pinned_vs_ebb_test.c |   93 ++
 .../powerpc/pmu/ebb/cpu_event_vs_ebb_test.c        |   89 ++
 .../selftests/powerpc/pmu/ebb/cycles_test.c        |   58 +
 .../powerpc/pmu/ebb/cycles_with_freeze_test.c      |  117 ++
 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/pmu/ebb/ebb.c      |  727 +++++++++++++
 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/pmu/ebb/ebb.h      |   78 ++
 .../selftests/powerpc/pmu/ebb/ebb_handler.S        |  365 +++++++
 .../selftests/powerpc/pmu/ebb/ebb_on_child_test.c  |   86 ++
 .../powerpc/pmu/ebb/ebb_on_willing_child_test.c    |   92 ++
 .../powerpc/pmu/ebb/ebb_vs_cpu_event_test.c        |   86 ++
 .../powerpc/pmu/ebb/event_attributes_test.c        |  131 +++
 .../powerpc/pmu/ebb/fixed_instruction_loop.S       |   43 +
 .../selftests/powerpc/pmu/ebb/fork_cleanup_test.c  |   79 ++
 .../powerpc/pmu/ebb/instruction_count_test.c       |  164 +++
 .../powerpc/pmu/ebb/lost_exception_test.c          |  100 ++
 .../selftests/powerpc/pmu/ebb/multi_counter_test.c |   91 ++
 .../powerpc/pmu/ebb/multi_ebb_procs_test.c         |  109 ++
 .../selftests/powerpc/pmu/ebb/no_handler_test.c    |   61 ++
 .../selftests/powerpc/pmu/ebb/pmae_handling_test.c |  106 ++
 .../powerpc/pmu/ebb/pmc56_overflow_test.c          |   93 ++
 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/pmu/ebb/reg.h      |   49 +
 .../selftests/powerpc/pmu/ebb/reg_access_test.c    |   39 +
 .../pmu/ebb/task_event_pinned_vs_ebb_test.c        |   91 ++
 .../powerpc/pmu/ebb/task_event_vs_ebb_test.c       |   83 ++
 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/pmu/ebb/trace.c    |  300 ++++++
 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/pmu/ebb/trace.h    |   41 +
 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/pmu/event.c        |   26 +
 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/pmu/event.h        |    4 +
 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/pmu/lib.c          |  252 +++++
 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/pmu/lib.h          |   41 +
 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/pmu/loop.S         |   73 +-
 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/subunit.h          |    5 +
 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/tm/Makefile        |   15 +
 .../testing/selftests/powerpc/tm/tm-resched-dscr.c |   90 ++
 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/utils.h            |   12 +
 108 files changed, 4514 insertions(+), 4505 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 arch/powerpc/configs/chroma_defconfig
 delete mode 100644 arch/powerpc/include/asm/wsp.h
 delete mode 100644 arch/powerpc/kernel/cpu_setup_a2.S
 delete mode 100644 arch/powerpc/platforms/wsp/Kconfig
 delete mode 100644 arch/powerpc/platforms/wsp/Makefile
 delete mode 100644 arch/powerpc/platforms/wsp/chroma.c
 delete mode 100644 arch/powerpc/platforms/wsp/h8.c
 delete mode 100644 arch/powerpc/platforms/wsp/ics.c
 delete mode 100644 arch/powerpc/platforms/wsp/ics.h
 delete mode 100644 arch/powerpc/platforms/wsp/msi.c
 delete mode 100644 arch/powerpc/platforms/wsp/msi.h
 delete mode 100644 arch/powerpc/platforms/wsp/opb_pic.c
 delete mode 100644 arch/powerpc/platforms/wsp/psr2.c
 delete mode 100644 arch/powerpc/platforms/wsp/scom_smp.c
 delete mode 100644 arch/powerpc/platforms/wsp/scom_wsp.c
 delete mode 100644 arch/powerpc/platforms/wsp/setup.c
 delete mode 100644 arch/powerpc/platforms/wsp/smp.c
 delete mode 100644 arch/powerpc/platforms/wsp/wsp.c
 delete mode 100644 arch/powerpc/platforms/wsp/wsp.h
 delete mode 100644 arch/powerpc/platforms/wsp/wsp_pci.c
 delete mode 100644 arch/powerpc/platforms/wsp/wsp_pci.h
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/pmu/ebb/Makefile
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/pmu/ebb/back_to_back_ebbs_test.c
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/pmu/ebb/close_clears_pmcc_test.c
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/pmu/ebb/cpu_event_pinned_vs_ebb_test.c
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/pmu/ebb/cpu_event_vs_ebb_test.c
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/pmu/ebb/cycles_test.c
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/pmu/ebb/cycles_with_freeze_test.c
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/pmu/ebb/ebb.c
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/pmu/ebb/ebb.h
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/pmu/ebb/ebb_handler.S
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/pmu/ebb/ebb_on_child_test.c
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/pmu/ebb/ebb_on_willing_child_test.c
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/pmu/ebb/ebb_vs_cpu_event_test.c
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/pmu/ebb/event_attributes_test.c
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/pmu/ebb/fixed_instruction_loop.S
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/pmu/ebb/fork_cleanup_test.c
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/pmu/ebb/instruction_count_test.c
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/pmu/ebb/lost_exception_test.c
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/pmu/ebb/multi_counter_test.c
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/pmu/ebb/multi_ebb_procs_test.c
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/pmu/ebb/no_handler_test.c
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/pmu/ebb/pmae_handling_test.c
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/pmu/ebb/pmc56_overflow_test.c
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/pmu/ebb/reg.h
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/pmu/ebb/reg_access_test.c
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/pmu/ebb/task_event_pinned_vs_ebb_test.c
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/pmu/ebb/task_event_vs_ebb_test.c
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/pmu/ebb/trace.c
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/pmu/ebb/trace.h
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/pmu/lib.c
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/pmu/lib.h
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/tm/Makefile
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/powerpc/tm/tm-resched-dscr.c