Subject: Re: [PATCH v4] powerpc/powernv: hwmon driver for power, fan rpm, voltage and temperature

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2014 16:56:12 +1000

On Fri, 2014-07-04 at 19:25 -0700, Guenter Roeck wrote:
> > +cooling-fan#8-data {
> > +     sensor-id = <0x7052107>;
> > +     phandle = <0x10000028>;
> > +     linux,phandle = <0x10000028>;
> > +     compatible = "ibm,opal-sensor-cooling-fan";
> 
> phandle and linux-phandle are neither documented nor used. Either
> document or drop.

They are core device-tree stuff, as such they are used potentially
anywhere and afaik can be / are generated by DTC but yes, this is
not the place to document them.

Or rather, "phandle" is, "linux,phandle" is an older variant used
for backward compatibility that our firmware still generates but
definitely something we can strip from the doc.

Cheers,
Ben,