Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/20] powerpc: Convert power off logic to pm_power_off

From: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2014 14:42:30 +1000

On Wed, 2014-10-01 at 15:27 +0200, Alexander Graf wrote:
> The generic Linux framework to power off the machine is a function pointer
> called pm_power_off. The trick about this pointer is that device drivers can
> potentially implement it rather than board files.
> 
> Today on PowerPC we set pm_power_off to invoke our generic full machine power
> off logic which then calls ppc_md.power_off to invoke machine specific power
> off.
> 
> To fix this up, let's get rid of the ppc_md.power_off logic and just always use
> pm_power_off as was intended. Then individual drivers such as the GPIO power off
> driver can implement power off logic via that function pointer.

This looks OK to me with one caveat.

In several of the patches you're replacing a static initialisation with a
runtime one, and you're doing the runtime initialisation in xxx_setup_arch().
That's reasonably late, so I'd prefer you did it in xxx_probe().

If you resend with that changed I'll put it in next.

cheers