Subject: [GIT PULL 00/15] perf/core improvements and fixes

From: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 17:52:33 -0300

Hi Ingo,

	Please consider pulling, I guess the changes are minor of affect just some
non-core feature, so it is you call if you prefer to pull it into perf/urgent instead.

Best Regards,

- Arnaldo

The following changes since commit ec4212d88a77eb6caec10777ddd629b702a5ebbd:

  Merge tag 'perf-core-for-mingo' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/acme/linux into perf/urgent (2014-10-15 11:54:14 +0200)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/acme/linux.git tags/perf-core-for-mingo

for you to fetch changes up to 673d659f5c5918b7ddbafebf1f129c9eb82973b4:

  perf kvm stat live: Enable events copying (2014-10-15 17:39:03 -0300)

----------------------------------------------------------------
perf/core improvements and fixes:

User visible:

* Add a visual cue for toggle zeroing of samples in 'perf top' (Taeung Song)

* Fix for double free in 'perf stat' when using some specific invalid
  command line combo (Yasser Shalabi)

Infrastructure:

* Add option to copy events when queuing for sorting across cpu buffers
  and enable it for 'perf kvm stat live', to avoid having events left
  in the queue pointing to the ring buffer be rewritten in high volume
  sessions.  (Alexander Yarygin, improving work done by David Ahern):

* Document sysfs events/ interfaces (Cody P Schafer)

* Add support to new style format of kernel PMU event. (Kan Liang)

* Fix typos in perf/Documentation (Masanari Iida)

* Improve callchains when using libunwind (Namhyung Kim)

Signed-off-by: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <[email-masked]>
  Lines starting with '#' will be ignored.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Alexander Yarygin (2):
      perf session: Add option to copy events when queueing
      perf kvm stat live: Enable events copying

Cody P Schafer (2):
      perf Documentation: sysfs events/ interfaces
      perf Documentation: Remove Ruplicated docs for powerpc cpu specific events

Kan Liang (4):
      Revert "perf tools: Default to cpu// for events v5"
      perf tools: Parse the pmu event prefix and suffix
      perf tools: Add support to new style format of kernel PMU event
      perf test: Add test case for pmu event new style format

Masanari Iida (1):
      perf Documentation: Fix typos in perf/Documentation

Namhyung Kim (4):
      perf report: Set callchain_param.record_mode for future use
      perf callchain: Create an address space per thread
      perf kvm: Use thread_{,_set}_priv helpers
      perf trace: Use thread_{,_set}_priv helpers

Taeung Song (1):
      perf top: Add a visual cue for toggle zeroing of samples

Yasser Shalabi (1):
      perf evlist: Fix for double free in tools/perf stat

 .../testing/sysfs-bus-event_source-devices-events  | 611 ++-------------------
 tools/perf/Documentation/perf-diff.txt             |   6 +-
 tools/perf/Documentation/perf-kvm.txt              |   4 +-
 tools/perf/Documentation/perf-list.txt             |   2 +-
 tools/perf/Documentation/perf-record.txt           |   2 +-
 tools/perf/Documentation/perf-script-perl.txt      |   4 +-
 tools/perf/Documentation/perf-script-python.txt    |   6 +-
 tools/perf/Documentation/perf-script.txt           |   2 +-
 tools/perf/Documentation/perf-test.txt             |   2 +-
 tools/perf/Documentation/perf-trace.txt            |   2 +-
 tools/perf/builtin-kvm.c                           |   7 +-
 tools/perf/builtin-report.c                        |   7 +
 tools/perf/builtin-trace.c                         |  16 +-
 tools/perf/tests/dwarf-unwind.c                    |   3 +
 tools/perf/tests/parse-events.c                    |  36 ++
 tools/perf/ui/browsers/hists.c                     |  32 +-
 tools/perf/util/evlist.c                           |   1 +
 tools/perf/util/include/linux/string.h             |   1 -
 tools/perf/util/ordered-events.c                   |  49 +-
 tools/perf/util/ordered-events.h                   |  10 +-
 tools/perf/util/parse-events.c                     | 133 ++++-
 tools/perf/util/parse-events.h                     |  14 +
 tools/perf/util/parse-events.l                     |  30 +-
 tools/perf/util/parse-events.y                     |  40 ++
 tools/perf/util/pmu.c                              |  10 -
 tools/perf/util/pmu.h                              |  10 +
 tools/perf/util/session.c                          |   5 +-
 tools/perf/util/string.c                           |  24 -
 tools/perf/util/thread.c                           |   6 +
 tools/perf/util/unwind-libunwind.c                 |  37 +-
 tools/perf/util/unwind.h                           |  17 +
 31 files changed, 460 insertions(+), 669 deletions(-)