Subject: Problem in compiling Kernel for USB Host support.

From: Misbah khan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 00:41:19 -0800 (PST)

Hi all ..

I am facing problem in compiling kernel for USB Support. while selecting the
option i have selected the USB host configuration but while compiling i am
getting the following error :-

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
drivers/built-in.o(.text+0x7a1f8): In function `usb_register':
drivers/usb/core/usb.c:174: undefined reference to `usbfs_update_special'
drivers/built-in.o(.text+0x7a264): In function `usb_deregister':
drivers/usb/core/usb.c:202: undefined reference to `usbfs_update_special'
drivers/built-in.o(.text+0x7d058): In function `usb_new_device':
drivers/usb/core/hub.c:1269: undefined reference to `usbfs_add_device'
drivers/built-in.o(.text+0x7f2e8): In function `usb_register_bus':
drivers/usb/core/hcd.c:758: undefined reference to `usbfs_add_bus'
drivers/built-in.o(.text+0x7f3f0): In function `usb_deregister_bus':
drivers/usb/core/hcd.c:786: undefined reference to `usbfs_remove_bus'
drivers/built-in.o(.init.text+0x3974): In function `usb_init':
drivers/usb/core/usb.c:1487: undefined reference to `usbfs_init'
drivers/built-in.o(.init.text+0x39a4):drivers/usb/core/usb.c:1500: undefined
reference to `usbfs_cleanup'
drivers/built-in.o(.exit.text+0x6ac): In function `usb_exit':
drivers/usb/core/usb.c:1522: undefined reference to `usbfs_cleanup'
make: *** [vmlinux] Error 1

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is for PPC8272-ads board using Montavista Linux. Can any body suggest
me that what else configuration is required (which i had missed ) is giving
this error ????

Looking forward for your help 

----Misbah <><
-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Problem-in-compiling-Kernel-for-USB-Host-support.-tf4954748.html#a14188430
Sent from the linuxppc-embedded mailing list archive at Nabble.com.