Subject: [git pull] Please pull mpe/linux.git powerpc-3.19-2 tag

From: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 20:16:44 +1100

Hi Linus,

Please pull the second batch of powerpc updates for 3.19:

The following changes since commit 56548fc0e86cb9156af7a7e1f15ba78f251dafaf:

  powerpc/powernv: Return to cpu offline loop when finished in KVM guest (2014-12-08 13:16:31 +1100)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mpe/linux.git tags/powerpc-3.19-2

for you to fetch changes up to d70a54e2d08510a99b1f10eceeae6f2f7086e226:

  powerpc/powernv: Ignore smt-enabled on Power8 and later (2014-12-18 19:59:21 +1100)

----------------------------------------------------------------
powerpc updates for 3.19 batch 2

The highlight is the series that reworks the idle management on powernv, which
allows us to use deeper idle states on those machines.

There's the fix from Anton for the "BUG at kernel/smpboot.c:134!" problem.

An i2c driver for powernv. This is acked by Wolfram Sang, and he asked that we
take it through the powerpc tree.

A fix for audit from rgb at Red Hat, acked by Paul Moore who is one of the audit
maintainers.

A patch from Ben to export the symbol map of our OPAL firmware as a sysfs file,
so that tools can use it.

Also some CXL fixes, a couple of powerpc perf fixes, a fix for smt-enabled, and
the patch to add __force to get_user() so we can use bitwise types.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Anton Blanchard (1):
      powerpc: Secondary CPUs must set cpu_callin_map after setting active and online

Benjamin Herrenschmidt (1):
      powerpc/powernv: Expose OPAL firmware symbol map

Greg Kurz (1):
      powerpc/powernv: Ignore smt-enabled on Power8 and later

Ian Munsie (3):
      cxl: Change contexts_lock to a mutex to fix sleep while atomic bug
      cxl: Add timeout to process element commands
      cxl: Unmap MMIO regions when detaching a context

Michael S. Tsirkin (1):
      powerpc/uaccess: Allow get_user() with bitwise types

Neelesh Gupta (1):
      i2c: Driver to expose PowerNV platform i2c busses

Paul Mackerras (1):
      powerpc/powernv: Switch off MMU before entering nap/sleep/rvwinkle mode

Richard Guy Briggs (1):
      powerpc: add little endian flag to syscall_get_arch()

Shreyas B. Prabhu (3):
      powerpc/powernv: Enable Offline CPUs to enter deep idle states
      powernv/cpuidle: Redesign idle states management
      powernv/powerpc: Add winkle support for offline cpus

Sukadev Bhattiprolu (1):
      power/perf/hv-24x7: Use kmem_cache_free() instead of kfree

[email-masked] (1):
      powerpc/perf/hv-24x7: Use per-cpu page buffer

 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/i2c/i2c-opal.txt |  37 +++
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/cpuidle.h                 |  20 ++
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/opal.h                    |  42 +++
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/paca.h                    |  10 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/ppc-opcode.h              |   2 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/processor.h               |   3 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/reg.h                     |   4 +
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/syscall.h                 |   6 +-
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/uaccess.h                 |   6 +-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/asm-offsets.c                  |  11 +
 arch/powerpc/kernel/exceptions-64s.S               |  35 ++-
 arch/powerpc/kernel/idle_power7.S                  | 344 ++++++++++++++++++---
 arch/powerpc/kernel/smp.c                          |   9 +-
 arch/powerpc/perf/hv-24x7.c                        |  23 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/opal-wrappers.S     |  39 +++
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/opal.c              |  50 ++-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/powernv.h           |   2 +
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/setup.c             | 166 ++++++++++
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/smp.c               |  29 +-
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/subcore.c           |  34 ++
 arch/powerpc/platforms/powernv/subcore.h           |   9 +-
 drivers/cpuidle/cpuidle-powernv.c                  |  10 +-
 drivers/i2c/busses/Kconfig                         |  11 +
 drivers/i2c/busses/Makefile                        |   1 +
 drivers/i2c/busses/i2c-opal.c                      | 294 ++++++++++++++++++
 drivers/misc/cxl/context.c                         |  26 +-
 drivers/misc/cxl/cxl.h                             |   9 +-
 drivers/misc/cxl/file.c                            |   6 +-
 drivers/misc/cxl/native.c                          |  12 +-
 drivers/misc/cxl/pci.c                             |   2 +-
 drivers/misc/cxl/sysfs.c                           |  10 +-
 include/uapi/linux/audit.h                         |   2 +
 32 files changed, 1156 insertions(+), 108 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/i2c/i2c-opal.txt
 create mode 100644 arch/powerpc/include/asm/cpuidle.h
 create mode 100644 drivers/i2c/busses/i2c-opal.c