Subject: [GIT PULL 00/26] perf/core improvements and fixes

From: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 14:47:03 -0300

Hi Ingo,

	Please consider pulling, it has my latest perf/urgent pull content,
please let me know if you don't want it to be submitted like that, i.e. if
you have any problems with my latest perf/urgent pull request and I'll try
to address it ASAP.

- Arnaldo

The following changes since commit 25dd9171f51c482eb7c4dc8618766ae733756e2d:

  perf probe: Fix probing kretprobes (2015-01-21 10:06:24 -0300)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/acme/linux.git tags/perf-core-for-mingo

for you to fetch changes up to 3d199b5be53348bef84883013c484b414adf0a2e:

  tools lib traceevent: Add support for IP address formats (2015-01-26 12:04:41 -0300)

----------------------------------------------------------------
perf/core improvements and fixes:

User visible:

- Enable sampling loads and stores simultaneously in 'perf mem' (Stephane Eranian)

- 'perf diff' output improvements (Namhyung Kim)

- Fix error reporting for evsel pgfault constructor (Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo)

Infrastructure:

- Move debugfs sterrno like method to tools/lib/ so that it may be used by
  other tools, as 'perf probe' will be soon (Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo)

- Introduce function fro deleting/removing hist_entry to avoid code duplication
  (Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo)

- Support parsing parameterized events (Cody P Schafer)

- Add support for IP address formats in libtraceevent (David Ahern)

- Fix typo in sample-parsing.c 'perf test' entry (Rasmus Villemoes)

- Remove some unused functions from color.c (Rickard Strandqvist)

Signed-off-by: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <[email-masked]>

----------------------------------------------------------------
Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo (9):
      perf mem: Move the mem_operations global to struct perf_mem
      perf tools: Remove EOL whitespaces
      perf hists: Rename hist_entry__free to __delete
      perf hists: Introduce function for deleting/removing hist_entry
      tools lib fs: Adopt debugfs open strerrno method
      tools lib fs: Pass filename to debugfs__strerror_open
      perf trace: Fix error reporting for evsel pgfault constructor
      tools lib fs debugfs: Introduce debugfs__strerror_open_tp
      tools lib fs debugfs: Check if debugfs is mounted when handling ENOENT

Cody P Schafer (4):
      perf tools: Support parsing parameterized events
      perf tools: Extend format_alias() to include event parameters
      perf Documentation: Add event parameters
      perf tools: Document parameterized and symbolic events

David Ahern (1):
      tools lib traceevent: Add support for IP address formats

Namhyung Kim (9):
      perf report: Get rid of report__inc_stat()
      perf tools: Allow use of an exclusive option more than once
      perf diff: Get rid of hists__compute_resort()
      perf diff: Print diff result more precisely
      perf diff: Introduce fmt_to_data_file() helper
      perf tools: Pass struct perf_hpp_fmt to its callbacks
      perf diff: Fix output ordering to honor next column
      perf diff: Fix -o/--order option behavior
      perf ui/tui: Show fatal error message only if exists

Rasmus Villemoes (1):
      perf tests: Fix typo in sample-parsing.c

Rickard Strandqvist (1):
      perf tools: Remove some unused functions from color.c

Stephane Eranian (1):
      perf mem: Enable sampling loads and stores simultaneously

 .../testing/sysfs-bus-event_source-devices-events  |   6 +
 tools/lib/api/fs/debugfs.c                         |  43 +++
 tools/lib/api/fs/debugfs.h                         |   3 +
 tools/lib/traceevent/event-parse.c                 | 328 +++++++++++++++++++++
 tools/perf/Documentation/perf-buildid-cache.txt    |   2 +-
 tools/perf/Documentation/perf-list.txt             |  13 +
 tools/perf/Documentation/perf-mem.txt              |   9 +-
 tools/perf/Documentation/perf-record.txt           |  12 +
 tools/perf/Documentation/perf-script.txt           |  28 +-
 tools/perf/Documentation/perf-stat.txt             |  20 +-
 tools/perf/builtin-buildid-cache.c                 |   4 +-
 tools/perf/builtin-diff.c                          | 248 ++++++++++------
 tools/perf/builtin-mem.c                           | 131 ++++++--
 tools/perf/builtin-report.c                        |  16 +-
 tools/perf/builtin-stat.c                          |   2 +-
 tools/perf/builtin-top.c                           |   2 +-
 tools/perf/builtin-trace.c                         | 106 ++++---
 tools/perf/tests/attr.py                           |   1 -
 tools/perf/tests/hists_cumulate.c                  |   2 +-
 tools/perf/tests/hists_output.c                    |   2 +-
 tools/perf/tests/make                              |   1 -
 tools/perf/tests/parse-events.c                    |   2 +-
 tools/perf/tests/sample-parsing.c                  |   2 +-
 tools/perf/ui/browsers/annotate.c                  |   3 +-
 tools/perf/ui/hist.c                               |  12 +-
 tools/perf/ui/progress.h                           |   4 +-
 tools/perf/ui/tui/helpline.c                       |   3 +
 tools/perf/ui/tui/setup.c                          |   3 +-
 tools/perf/util/annotate.c                         |   2 +-
 tools/perf/util/color.c                            | 126 --------
 tools/perf/util/color.h                            |   2 -
 tools/perf/util/evlist.c                           |  27 --
 tools/perf/util/evlist.h                           |   1 -
 tools/perf/util/hist.c                             |  48 ++-
 tools/perf/util/hist.h                             |  11 +-
 tools/perf/util/parse-events.c                     |   6 +-
 tools/perf/util/parse-events.h                     |   1 +
 tools/perf/util/parse-options.c                    |   2 +-
 tools/perf/util/pmu.c                              | 102 ++++++-
 tools/perf/util/python.c                           |   2 +-
 .../util/scripting-engines/trace-event-python.c    |   2 +-
 tools/perf/util/session.c                          |   2 +-
 tools/perf/util/sort.c                             |  37 ++-
 tools/perf/util/symbol.c                           |   2 +-
 44 files changed, 950 insertions(+), 431 deletions(-)