Subject: Re: new way of writing defconfigs for freescale's powerpc platforms

From: Scott Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 21:09:12 -0500

On Mon, 2015-04-20 at 21:02 -0500, Timur Tabi wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 3:31 PM, Scott Wood <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >
> >
> > The ability to merge configs is already there.  We're just talking about
> > using that functionality.
> 
> Why do you need a powerpc-specific way to use merge_config.sh?  Other
> architectures have the same problem with defconfigs.

What are you perceiving as "powerpc-specific" about what we're
proposing?  Are you complaining about the actual content of which
fragments to use to produce which defconfigs going in arch/powerpc?

> Besides, wouldn't it make more sense to define a new defconfig type,
> like p1_defconfig.merge, and if you do "make p1_defconfig.merge" it
> knows to call merge_config.sh?

That's already there.  "make <foo>.config".

-Scott