Subject: Re: [v6] powerpc/powernv: Add poweroff (EPOW, DPO) events support for PowerNV platform

From: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2015 08:33:55 +1000

On Fri, 2015-06-05 at 08:01 +1000, Michael Ellerman wrote:
> On Thu, 2015-04-06 at 12:03:17 UTC, Vipin K Parashar wrote:
> > This patch adds support for FSP (Flexible Service Processor)
> > EPOW (Early Power Off Warning) and DPO (Delayed Power Off) events for
> > the PowerNV platform. EPOW events are generated by FSP due to various
> > critical system conditions that require system shutdown. A few examples
> > of these conditions are high ambient temperature or system running on
> > UPS power with low UPS battery. DPO event is generated in response to
> > admin initiated system shutdown request. Upon receipt of EPOW and DPO
> > events the host kernel invokes orderly_poweroff() for performing
> > graceful system shutdown.
> > 
> > Reviewed-by: Joel Stanley <[email-masked]>
> > Reviewed-by: Vaibhav Jain <[email-masked]>
> > Reviewed-by: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
> > Signed-off-by: Vipin K Parashar <[email-masked]>
> 
> Hi Vipin,
> 

And on my Tuleta I get:

opal-power: OPAL EPOW, DPO support detected.
opal-power: Existing EPOW event detected.
reboot: Failed to start orderly shutdown: forcing the issue
------------[ cut here ]------------
WARNING: at kernel/workqueue.c:818
Modules linked in:
CPU: 3 PID: 26 Comm: migration/3 Not tainted 4.1.0-rc3-13669-g704921b #80
task: c000000ff1745440 ti: c000000ff17ac000 task.ti: c000000ff17ac000
NIP: c0000000000ba48c LR: c0000000000ba430 CTR: c0000000000dbac0
REGS: c000000ff17af7d0 TRAP: 0700   Not tainted  (4.1.0-rc3-13669-g704921b)
MSR: 9000000100029033 <SF,HV,EE,ME,IR,DR,RI,LE>  CR: 20000044  XER: 00000000
CFAR: c0000000000ba44c SOFTE: 0 
GPR00: c0000000000cec7c c000000ff17afa50 c000000000d7ce20 c000000ff160fcc0 
GPR04: 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 c000000000e10468 0000000000000000 
GPR08: c000000000d2ce20 c000000ff90dd400 0000000000000001 c000000ff901dc98 
GPR12: 0000000040000082 c000000001dc0d80 c0000000000c0b18 c000000ff817a540 
GPR16: 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 
GPR20: 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000ff8380000 
GPR24: c000000000c9dc00 c000000000daa8e0 c000000ff901dc00 0000000000000000 
GPR28: 0000000000000004 c000000ff174ae04 c000000ff901dc00 0000000000000000 
NIP [c0000000000ba48c] wq_worker_waking_up+0x7c/0xa0
LR [c0000000000ba430] wq_worker_waking_up+0x20/0xa0
Call Trace:
[c000000ff17afa50] [c000000ff1749bc0] 0xc000000ff1749bc0 (unreliable)
[c000000ff17afa80] [c0000000000cec7c] ttwu_do_activate.constprop.76+0x6c/0xa0
[c000000ff17afab0] [c0000000000d2958] try_to_wake_up+0x208/0x4a0
[c000000ff17afb30] [c0000000000eab94] __wake_up_common+0x84/0xf0
[c000000ff17afb90] [c0000000000eb744] complete+0x54/0x90
[c000000ff17afbd0] [c00000000014bac4] cpu_stop_signal_done+0x54/0x70
[c000000ff17afbf0] [c00000000014c324] cpu_stopper_thread+0xd4/0x1f0
[c000000ff17afd20] [c0000000000c5b20] smpboot_thread_fn+0x280/0x290
[c000000ff17afd80] [c0000000000c0c18] kthread+0x108/0x130
[c000000ff17afe30] [c00000000000956c] ret_from_kernel_thread+0x5c/0x70
Instruction dump:
7d00512d 40c2fff4 38210030 e8010010 ebe1fff8 7c0803a6 4e800020 60000000 
60420000 3d02fffb 8948db7e 694a0001 <0b0a0000> 2faa0000 41feffbc 39400001 
---[ end trace de25982dcf3cffd9 ]---
reboot: Power down

cheers