Subject: [GIT PULL 00/13] perf/core improvements and fixes

From: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 18:47:14 -0300

Hi Ingo,

	Please consider pulling,

- Arnaldo

The following changes since commit a9a3cd900fbbcbf837d65653105e7bfc583ced09:

  Merge tag 'perf-core-for-mingo' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/acme/linux into perf/core (2015-06-20 01:11:11 +0200)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/acme/linux.git tags/perf-core-for-mingo

for you to fetch changes up to 83b2ea257eb1d43e52f76d756722aeb899a2852c:

  perf tools: Allow auxtrace data alignment (2015-06-23 18:28:37 -0300)

----------------------------------------------------------------
perf/core improvements and fixes:

User visible:

- Move toggling event logic from 'perf top' and into hists browser, allowing
  freeze/unfreeze with event lists with more than one entry (Namhyung Kim)

- Add missing newlines when dumping PERF_RECORD_FINISHED_ROUND and
  showing the Aggregated stats in 'perf report -D' (Adrian Hunter)

Infrastructure:

- Allow auxtrace data alignment (Adrian Hunter)

- Allow events with dot (Andi Kleen)

- Fix failure to 'perf probe' events on arm (He Kuang)

- Add testing for Makefile.perf (Jiri Olsa)

- Add test for make install with prefix (Jiri Olsa)

- Fix single target build dependency check (Jiri Olsa)

- Access thread_map entries via accessors, prep patch to hold more info per
  entry, for ongoing 'perf stat --per-thread' work (Jiri Olsa)

- Use __weak definition from compiler.h (Sukadev Bhattiprolu)

- Split perf_pmu__new_alias() (Sukadev Bhattiprolu)

Signed-off-by: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <[email-masked]>

----------------------------------------------------------------
Adrian Hunter (3):
      perf session: Print a newline when dumping PERF_RECORD_FINISHED_ROUND
      perf tools: Print a newline before dumping Aggregated stats
      perf tools: Allow auxtrace data alignment

Andi Kleen (1):
      perf tools: Allow events with dot

He Kuang (1):
      perf probe: Fix failure to probe events on arm

Jiri Olsa (5):
      perf tests: Add testing for Makefile.perf
      perf tests: Add test for make install with prefix
      perf build: Fix single target build dependency check
      perf thread_map: Don't access the array entries directly
      perf thread_map: Change map entries into a struct

Namhyung Kim (1):
      perf top: Move toggling event logic into hists browser

Sukadev Bhattiprolu (2):
      perf pmu: Use __weak definition from <linux/compiler.h>
      perf pmu: Split perf_pmu__new_alias()

 tools/perf/Makefile                         |  4 +--
 tools/perf/builtin-top.c                    | 24 ++-------------
 tools/perf/builtin-trace.c                  |  4 +--
 tools/perf/tests/make                       | 31 ++++++++++++++++++--
 tools/perf/tests/openat-syscall-tp-fields.c |  2 +-
 tools/perf/ui/browsers/hists.c              | 19 ++++++++++--
 tools/perf/util/auxtrace.c                  | 11 +++++--
 tools/perf/util/auxtrace.h                  |  1 +
 tools/perf/util/event.c                     |  6 ++--
 tools/perf/util/evlist.c                    |  4 +--
 tools/perf/util/evsel.c                     |  2 +-
 tools/perf/util/parse-events.l              |  5 ++--
 tools/perf/util/pmu.c                       | 45 +++++++++++++++++++----------
 tools/perf/util/probe-event.c               |  6 +++-
 tools/perf/util/session.c                   |  4 ++-
 tools/perf/util/thread_map.c                | 24 ++++++++-------
 tools/perf/util/thread_map.h                | 16 +++++++++-
 17 files changed, 136 insertions(+), 72 deletions(-)