Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] powerpc/powernv: Fix race in updating core_idle_state

From: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2015 10:22:38 +1000

On Tue, 2015-07-07 at 01:39 +0530, Shreyas B. Prabhu wrote:
> core_idle_state is maintained for each core. It uses 0-7 bits to track
> whether a thread in the core has entered fastsleep or winkle. 8th bit is
> used as a lock bit.
...
> This patch fixes the above race by looping on the lock bit even while
> entering the idle states.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Shreyas B. Prabhu <[email-masked]>
> Fixes: 7b54e9f213f76 'powernv/powerpc: Add winkle support for offline
> cpus'

The sha is wrong, it should be 77b54e9f213f.

Also please don't wrap the description.

I recommend creating an alias or script that does:

$ git log --pretty=fixes -n 1 $commit | xclip

I've fixed it up, no need to resend.

cheers