Subject: Re: [3/6] pseries: Update CPU hotplug error recovery

From: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 11:14:55 +1000

On Tue, 2015-07-21 at 14:14 -0500, Nathan Fontenot wrote:
> On 07/20/2015 11:46 PM, Michael Ellerman wrote:
> > So the pr_info()s should go entirely and the pr_debugs() should become
> > pr_warns(). The warning messages should become more verbose so they stand on
> > their own, ie. include the drc_index.
> > 
> > When everything goes perfectly there should be no output.
> >
> 
> So... good idea, bad implementation :)

Well also a matter of perspective. For you these info messages are helpful
because you're working on the cpu hotplug code. But for other folks they're
just log spam.

> I have a feeling I may have messed this up somewhere else in the patch set too
> so I'll take a look at all the pr_* calls.

OK thanks.

cheers