Subject: [PATCH v2 2/2] cxl: use -Werror only with CONFIG_PPC_WERROR

From: Brian Norris <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2016 10:30:10 -0800

Some developers really like to have -Werror enabled for their code, as
it helps to ensure warning free code. Others don't want -Werror, as it
(for example) can cause problems when newer (or older) compilers have
different sets of warnings, or new warnings can appear just when turning
up the warning level (e.g., make W=1 or W=2). Thus, it seems prudent to
have the use of -Werror be configurable.

It so happens that cxl is only built on PowerPC, and PowerPC already
has a nice set of Kconfig options for this, under CONFIG_PPC_WERROR. So
let's use that, and the world is a happy place again! (Note that
PPC_WERROR defaults to =y, so the common case compile should still be
enforcing -Werror.)

Fixes: d3d73f4b38a8 ("cxl: Compile with -Werror")
Signed-off-by: Brian Norris <[email-masked]>
---
v2: new in v2

 drivers/misc/cxl/Makefile | 3 ++-
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/drivers/misc/cxl/Makefile b/drivers/misc/cxl/Makefile
index ab6f392d3504..be2ac5ce349f 100644
--- a/drivers/misc/cxl/Makefile
+++ b/drivers/misc/cxl/Makefile
@@ -1,4 +1,5 @@
-ccflags-y := -Werror $(call cc-disable-warning, unused-const-variable)
+ccflags-y			:= $(call cc-disable-warning, unused-const-variable)
+ccflags-$(CONFIG_PPC_WERROR)	+= -Werror
 
 cxl-y				+= main.o file.o irq.o fault.o native.o
 cxl-y				+= context.o sysfs.o debugfs.o pci.o trace.o
-- 
2.6.0.rc2.230.g3dd15c0