Subject: Re: [PATCH] MAINTAINERS: Add powerpc drivers to the powerpc section

From: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2016 14:12:23 +1100

On Wed, 2016-03-02 at 12:20 +1030, Joel Stanley wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 12:06 PM, Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > We'd like folks working on drivers for powerpc to also Cc linuxppc-dev,
> > so we can be aware of what's going on in drivers and/or review the
> > changes.
> > 
> > So add patterns to the powerpc MAINTAINERS section to catch some of the
> > drivers we're interested in.
> 
> There are a few more that would be good. '*opal*.c' catches these:
> 
> ./drivers/i2c/busses/i2c-opal.c
> ./drivers/rtc/rtc-opal.c
> ./drivers/tty/hvc/hvc_opal.c

Ah yep thanks, will add "N: opal".

> and '*powernv*.c' gets these (some a duplicates with what you have):
> 
> ./drivers/leds/leds-powernv.c
> ./drivers/cpufreq/powernv-cpufreq.c
> ./drivers/mtd/devices/powernv_flash.c
> ./drivers/cpuidle/cpuidle-powernv.c
> ./drivers/char/hw_random/powernv-rng.c
> ./drivers/char/ipmi/ipmi_powernv.c
> ./drivers/hwmon/ibmpowernv.c
> ./drivers/crypto/nx/nx-842-powernv.c

They should all be covered by "N: powernv" I think:

    $ for f in ./drivers/leds/leds-powernv.c ./drivers/cpufreq/powernv-cpufreq.c ./drivers/mtd/devices/powernv_flash.c ./drivers/cpuidle/cpuidle-powernv.c ./drivers/char/hw_random/powernv-rng.c
./drivers/char/ipmi/ipmi_powernv.c ./drivers/hwmon/ibmpowernv.c ./drivers/crypto/nx/nx-842-powernv.c; do echo -en "$f\t"; ./scripts/get_maintainer.pl -f $f | grep linuxppc-dev; done
    ./drivers/leds/leds-powernv.c		[email-masked]
    ./drivers/cpufreq/powernv-cpufreq.c		[email-masked]
    ./drivers/mtd/devices/powernv_flash.c	[email-masked]
    ./drivers/cpuidle/cpuidle-powernv.c		[email-masked]
    ./drivers/char/hw_random/powernv-rng.c	[email-masked]
    ./drivers/char/ipmi/ipmi_powernv.c		[email-masked]
    ./drivers/hwmon/ibmpowernv.c		[email-masked]
    ./drivers/crypto/nx/nx-842-powernv.c	[email-masked]

cheers