Subject: [GIT PULL 00/17] perf/core improvements and fixes

From: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2016 21:29:23 -0300

Hi Ingo,

	Please consider pulling,

- Arnaldo

The following changes since commit 1b6de5917172967acd8db4d222df4225d23a8a60:

  perf/x86/intel/pt: Convert ACCESS_ONCE()s (2016-05-05 10:16:29 +0200)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/acme/linux.git tags/perf-core-for-mingo-20160505

for you to fetch changes up to b6b85dad30ad7e7394990e2317a780577974a4e6:

  perf evlist: Rename variable in perf_mmap__read() (2016-05-05 21:04:04 -0300)

----------------------------------------------------------------
perf/core improvements and fixes:

User visible:

- Order output of 'perf trace --summary' better, now the threads will
  appear ascending order of number of events, and then, for each, in
  descending order of syscalls by the time spent in the syscalls, so
  that the last page produced can be the one about the most interesting
  thread straced, suggested by Milian Wolff (Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo)

- Do not show the runtime_ms for a thread when not collecting it, that
  is done so far only with 'perf trace --sched' (Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo)

- Fix kallsyms perf test on ppc64le (Naveen N. Rao)

Infrastructure:

- Move global variables related to presence of some keys in the sort order to a
  per hist struct, to allow code like the hists browser to work with multiple
  hists with different lists of columns (Jiri Olsa)

- Add support for generating bpf prologue in powerpc (Naveen N. Rao)

- Fix kprobe and kretprobe handling with kallsyms on ppc64le (Naveen N. Rao)

- evlist mmap changes, prep work for supporting reading backwards (Wang Nan)

Signed-off-by: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo <[email-masked]>

----------------------------------------------------------------
Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo (5):
      perf machine: Introduce number of threads member
      perf tools: Add template for generating rbtree resort class
      perf trace: Sort summary output by number of events
      perf trace: Sort syscalls stats by msecs in --summary
      perf trace: Do not show the runtime_ms for a thread when not collecting it

Jiri Olsa (7):
      perf hists: Move sort__need_collapse into struct perf_hpp_list
      perf hists: Move sort__has_parent into struct perf_hpp_list
      perf hists: Move sort__has_sym into struct perf_hpp_list
      perf hists: Move sort__has_dso into struct perf_hpp_list
      perf hists: Move sort__has_socket into struct perf_hpp_list
      perf hists: Move sort__has_thread into struct perf_hpp_list
      perf hists: Move sort__has_comm into struct perf_hpp_list

Naveen N. Rao (3):
      perf tools powerpc: Add support for generating bpf prologue
      perf powerpc: Fix kprobe and kretprobe handling with kallsyms on ppc64le
      perf symbols: Fix kallsyms perf test on ppc64le

Wang Nan (2):
      perf evlist: Extract perf_mmap__read()
      perf evlist: Rename variable in perf_mmap__read()

 tools/perf/arch/powerpc/Makefile            |   1 +
 tools/perf/arch/powerpc/util/dwarf-regs.c   |  40 +++++---
 tools/perf/arch/powerpc/util/sym-handling.c |  43 ++++++--
 tools/perf/builtin-diff.c                   |   4 +-
 tools/perf/builtin-report.c                 |   4 +-
 tools/perf/builtin-top.c                    |   8 +-
 tools/perf/builtin-trace.c                  |  87 ++++++++++------
 tools/perf/tests/hists_common.c             |   2 +-
 tools/perf/tests/hists_cumulate.c           |   2 +-
 tools/perf/tests/hists_link.c               |   4 +-
 tools/perf/tests/hists_output.c             |   2 +-
 tools/perf/ui/browsers/hists.c              |  32 +++---
 tools/perf/ui/gtk/hists.c                   |   2 +-
 tools/perf/ui/hist.c                        |   2 +-
 tools/perf/util/annotate.c                  |   2 +-
 tools/perf/util/callchain.c                 |   2 +-
 tools/perf/util/evlist.c                    |  56 ++++++-----
 tools/perf/util/hist.c                      |  14 +--
 tools/perf/util/hist.h                      |  10 ++
 tools/perf/util/machine.c                   |   9 +-
 tools/perf/util/machine.h                   |   1 +
 tools/perf/util/probe-event.c               |   5 +-
 tools/perf/util/probe-event.h               |   3 +-
 tools/perf/util/rb_resort.h                 | 149 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 tools/perf/util/sort.c                      |  35 +++----
 tools/perf/util/sort.h                      |   7 --
 tools/perf/util/symbol-elf.c                |   7 +-
 tools/perf/util/symbol.h                    |   3 +-
 28 files changed, 382 insertions(+), 154 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 tools/perf/util/rb_resort.h