Subject: Re: udgb on fsl booke?

From: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 11:40:19 +1000

On Fri, 2016-05-13 at 17:41 -0700, Daniel Walker wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> I noticed that udbg is missing for fsl booke , or at least it doesn't 
> appear to be implemented. I don't know a great deal about fsl book. I'm 
> working on an MCP85XX at the moment , and I was looking into the udbg 
> system to get prints. It looks like fsl booke might be similar enough to 
> 44x to use the already implemented udbg routines for that.
> 
> Does anyone have suggestion on this ? Is fsl booke missing because it's 
> not possible to have this, or no one ever needed it ?

Yeah I noticed this recently too.

I don't know the history of why there isn't one, I suspect probably it just was
never merged upstream. Hopefully someone from Freescale can chime in.

On my machine (p5020ds) there is a real UART, so it should just be a matter of
creating a mapping for it and then using the existing udbg_16550 code.

cheers