Subject: How to write a device driver in such a fashion .????

From: Misbah khan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 23:07:33 -0800 (PST)

Hi all ....

I need your suggession to write a driver with such requirements :-

On Initiation by the application of which key is pressed driver should
perform the task accordingly. There are 7 keys so seven different task the
driver will perform. 

1 . I do not want to use any entry point such as read/write/ioctl. In such a
case how to access the driver.
2. We dont want to implement this as a chracrter driver.
3. The driver shall look pretty much like an application where in asscssing
the H/W memory map .

Hence no entry point and no registeration but an application could be able
to communicate ....

I need your suggession in this regard .....

-----Misbah  
-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/How-to-write-a-device-driver-in-such-a-fashion-.-----tp14660018p14660018.html
Sent from the linuxppc-dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.