Subject: [PATCH 14/14] powerpc/pci: Don't try to allocate resources that will be reassigned

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2016 16:37:18 +1000

When we know we will reassign all resources, trying (and failing)
to allocate them initially is fairly pointless and leads to a lot
of scary messages in the kernel log

Signed-off-by: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
---
 arch/powerpc/kernel/pci-common.c | 6 ++++--
 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/arch/powerpc/kernel/pci-common.c b/arch/powerpc/kernel/pci-common.c
index d1f91e1..fb32db4 100644
--- a/arch/powerpc/kernel/pci-common.c
+++ b/arch/powerpc/kernel/pci-common.c
@@ -1370,8 +1370,10 @@ void __init pcibios_resource_survey(void)
 	/* Allocate and assign resources */
 	list_for_each_entry(b, &pci_root_buses, node)
 		pcibios_allocate_bus_resources(b);
-	pcibios_allocate_resources(0);
-	pcibios_allocate_resources(1);
+	if (!pci_has_flag(PCI_REASSIGN_ALL_RSRC)) {
+		pcibios_allocate_resources(0);
+		pcibios_allocate_resources(1);
+	}
 
 	/* Before we start assigning unassigned resource, we try to reserve
 	 * the low IO area and the VGA memory area if they intersect the
-- 
2.7.4