Subject: Re: [PATCH 02/14] powerpc/irq: Add support for HV virtualization interrupts

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2016 17:55:15 -0500

On Sat, 2016-07-16 at 16:33 -0500, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Sat, 2016-07-16 at 20:40 +1000, Michael Ellerman wrote:s
> > This is breaking allmodconfig with:
> > 
> > arch/powerpc/kernel/exceptions-64s.S:778: Error: attempt to move
> > .org backwards
> > arch/powerpc/kernel/exceptions-64s.S:779: Error: attempt to move
> > .org backwards
> > arch/powerpc/kernel/exceptions-64s.S:803: Error: attempt to move
> > .org backwards
> > arch/powerpc/kernel/exceptions-64s.S:804: Error: attempt to move
> > .org backwards
> > arch/powerpc/kernel/exceptions-64s.S:823: Error: attempt to move
> > .org backwards
> > arch/powerpc/kernel/exceptions-64s.S:833: Error: attempt to move
> > .org backwards
> > 
> > http://kisskb.ozlabs.ibm.com/kisskb/buildresult/12746513/
> 
> Yuck. Is that even fixable without completely shuffling all the
> IRQ stuff ? We really need to find a way to sort that shit once
> and for all...

I reproduced... We need to move more of the "common" ones out of the
way, without making the conditional branches lose it. Ugh.... 

Another quick and easy option: Get rid of Cell :-) There is 3 cell
ones right there  we could get rid of ;-)

 ... except that's not enough. Now the OOL handlers are bumping
into the FWNMI page. Argh. Moved a couple more, seems to work,

I'm sending you a patch in the next few monites to test that needs to
be added *before* the HV virtualization interrupts one. It works
with the few variants of allmodconfigs I managed to try on the laptop
(basically with and without RELOCATABLE).

Let me know how it goes in kisskb.

Cheers,
Ben.