Subject: Re: rtc again...

From: Paul Mackerras <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 11:39:25 +1000 (EST)

Gabriel Paubert writes:

> Hard reset also clears the timebase on all the processors I know, so the
> time bases should be synchronized unless the firmware plays with them
> (assuming the HRESET pins are wired together).

Certainly on my 7600 with a 2-cpu powersurge board, with the code that
is currently in the devel kernel to use the tb register, you don't get
the same time on both cpus.

I haven't had a chance to look at your patch in detail yet, hopefully
soon.  At a quick glance it seemed to be touching a lot of stuff so it
will take more than a quick glance. :-)

Paul.

--
Paul Mackerras, Senior Open Source Researcher, Linuxcare, Inc.
+61 2 6262 8990 tel, +61 2 6262 8991 fax
[email-masked], http://www.linuxcare.com.au/
Linuxcare.  Support for the revolution.

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/