Subject: Re[2]: [PATCH][v3] powerpc 44x: support for 256KB PAGE_SIZE

From: Yuri Tikhonov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 00:52:08 +0300

=0D=0AHello Prodyut,

On Monday, January 12, 2009 you wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 10:42 AM, Yuri Tikhonov <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> This patch adds support for 256KB pages on ppc44x-based boards.
>>

> Hi Yuri,
> Do you still need the mm/shmem.c patch to avoid division by zero?

 Yes.

> I looked at the mm/shmem.c latest git code, and I see that it doesn't
> have the needed patch for 256KB page.

 Right. We proposed the work-around for this (which just simply=20
increased the sizes of variables which hold the overflowed values) to=20
LKML here:

http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/12/19/20

 If I understand Hugh right, then such a fix is acceptable, but much=20
far from the best, so Hugh is about to implement the correct fix for=20
the problem as soon as he'll find some time (big thanks to him for=20
this).

> I think another option would be to make 256KB compile only if CONFIG_SHME=
M=3Dn

 Agree. For the current situation it seems the better solution. I'll=20
update, and re-post the patch shortly.

 Regards, Yuri

 --
 Yuri Tikhonov, Senior Software Engineer
 Emcraft Systems, www.emcraft.com