Subject: Is it required to develope new hub class driver for MPC8272 in Montavista ?

From: Smily santhosh <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 22:38:07 -0800 (PST)

Hi Friends,
I have few queries ,
before that let me give details
    Kernel : 2.6.10_mvl401-8272ads - Montavista - MPC8272,
    USB HUB controller : ISP1520BD (Externally Connected - 1- Up Stream port
and 4- Down Stream ports ).
    I am familiar  with mass storage driver.

In kernel  source code (drivers/usb/core/hub), huc.c is present which does
core functionality of hub. And ISP1520 descriptors says it is Class specific
driver not Vendor specific one. So i hope i can use same source hub.c file.  
Am i need to develope any specific driver for it ? (Hope: No) . 
Any thing else i need to do ? Currently i am going through the code(hub.c).
What are the possible test cases to validate hub connection and hub working
?

Any response from you appreciated ?

Santhosh
Sharing the knowledge .. always makes you good. :-)

-- 
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Is-it-required-to-develope-new-hub-class-driver-for-MPC8272-in-Montavista---tp14750580p14750580.html
Sent from the linuxppc-embedded mailing list archive at Nabble.com.