Subject: help needed:relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC_REL24 _init

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 21:31:08 +0800 (CST)

detail:
ppc_6xx-gcc ../../../../lib/EmbedCLib/OBJ/link.x -Wall ../../../../lib/EmbedCLi
/OBJ/gcc_crt1.o -Wl,-Ttext -Wl,0x4000  -Wl,-defsym -Wl,STACK_START=0x400000 -Wl
-defsym -Wl,STACK_END=0x300000  -o aal25 ./OBJ_ATM/mm.o ./OBJ_ATM/mem_alloc.o .
OBJ_ATM/mem.o ./OBJ_ATM/cell.o ./OBJ_ATM/buffer.o ./OBJ_ATM/frame.o ./OBJ_ATM/s
f.o ./OBJ_ATM/ll.o ./OBJ_ATM/cq.o ./OBJ_ATM/Pq2Cpm_ci.o ./OBJ_ATM/Pq2Cpm.o ./OB
_ATM/PQII_ci.o ./OBJ_ATM/PQII.o ./OBJ_ATM/atm_bdm.o ./OBJ_ATM/fbp.o ./OBJ_ATM/r
.o ./OBJ_ATM/atm_fcc_ci.o ./OBJ_ATM/atm_chan_ci.o ./OBJ_ATM/atm_pm_ci.o ./OBJ_A
M/aal5_ci.o ./OBJ_ATM/rct.o ./OBJ_ATM/tct.o ./OBJ_ATM/vpt_vct.o ./OBJ_ATM/bd.o 
/OBJ_ATM/atm_fcc.o ./OBJ_ATM/atm_chan.o ./OBJ_ATM/atm_pm.o ./OBJ_ATM/atm_demo.o
./OBJ_ATM/xx.o ./OBJ_ATM/atm_phy.o  ./OBJ_ATM/intrPQII.o ./OBJ_ATM/aal0_ci.o ./
BJ_ATM/aal0.o ./OBJ_ATM/aal2_ci.o ./OBJ_ATM/aal2.o ./OBJ_ATM/aal5.o ./OBJ_ATM/A
L25.o -L../../../../lib/EmbedCLib/OBJ -lembc_gcc                               
../../../../lib/EmbedCLib/OBJ/gcc_crt1.o(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `_s
art'                                                                           
/opt/eldk3/usr/../ppc_6xx/usr/lib/crt1.o(.text+0x0): first defined here        
/opt/eldk3/usr/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/ppc-linux/3.3.3/../../../../ppc-linux/bin/ld:
Warning: type of symbol `_start' changed from 2 to 1 in ../../../../lib/EmbedCL
b/OBJ/gcc_crt1.o                                                               
../../../../lib/EmbedCLib/OBJ/libembc_gcc.a(init.o)(.text+0x0): In function `_i
it':                                                                           
: multiple definition of `_init'                                               
/opt/eldk3/usr/../ppc_6xx/usr/lib/crti.o(.init+0x0): first defined here        
../../../../lib/EmbedCLib/OBJ/libembc_gcc.a(init.o)(.text+0x56): In function `_
nit':                                                                          
: `sys_nerr' is deprecated; use `strerror' or `strerror_r' instead             
/opt/eldk3/usr/../ppc_6xx/usr/lib/crti.o(.init+0xc): In function `_init':      
: relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC_LOCAL24PC .text                           
/opt/eldk3/usr/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/ppc-linux/3.3.3/m603/crtbegin.o(.init+0x0): r
../../../../lib/EmbedCLib/OBJ/gcc_crt1.o(.text+0x1c): relocation truncated to f
t: R_PPC_REL24 _init                                                           
/opt/eldk3/usr/../ppc_6xx/usr/lib/libc_nonshared.a(elf-init.oS)(.text+0x18): In
function `__libc_csu_init':                                                    
: relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC_REL24 _init                               
/opt/eldk3/usr/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/ppc-linux/3.3.3/m603/crtend.o(.init+0x0): rel
cation truncated to fit: R_PPC_REL24 .text                                     
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status                                            
gmake[1]: *** [aal25] Error 1                                                  
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/home/test2-td/NetCommSw/PQII/demos/AtmDemos'     
gmake: *** [AAL25] Error 2                                                     

There was same errors,when I link another program,which was very sample.
Later,I replaced the ppc_6xx-gcc with ppc_6xx-ld to link,and succeed.
But that was a very sample program,which didn't need libc.a and so on.
What is "relocation truncated to fit: R_PPC_REL24 _init"? How to fix it? thanks                               

------------------------------
我现在使用Sogou.com的2G邮箱了，你也来试试吧! 
http://mail.sogou.com/recommend/sogoumail_invite_reg1.jsp?from=sogouinvitation&s_EMAIL=zengshuai%40sogou.com&username=linuxppc-embedded&FullName=linuxppc-embedded&Email=linuxppc-embedded%40ozlabs.org&verify=755eff4e640bdcfc57d93cbd8b0a9cb7