Subject: Re: Linux 4.9: Reported regressions as of Sunday, 2016-10-30

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2016 21:29:35 -0600

On Sun, 2016-10-30 at 14:20 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> 
> Desc: PPC32: fails to boot on my PowerBook G4 Aluminum; bisected to
> commit 05fd007e4629
> Repo: 2016-10-20 https://www.mail-archive.com/[email-masked]
> l.org/msg1253391.html
> Stat: 2016-10-22 https://www.mail-archive.com/[email-masked]
> l.org/msg1255516.html https://www.linux-mips.org/archives/linux-mips/
> 2016-10/msg00176.html https://lkml.org/lkml/2016/10/18/142
> Note: Larry made a hack that works for him.

This breaks framebuffer console on ppc64 I've been told as well, I
heard...

I'm at KS now, hard to get you more details, but there's something
fishy here either with the commit or with something we do on ppc with
fbdev that this commit breaks.

Cheers,
Ben.