Subject: Re: xf 4.0.1 + ati driver with rage II/rage pro

From: R Shapiro <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 14:45:34 -0400

Michael Schmitz writes:
 > So here we have three fb devices in the kernel (you could check with
 > fbset that each is in fact accessible via /dev/fb[0-2]), and XFree unable
 > to cope.

The ati driver unable to cope.  The fbdev driver copes without
complaint.

 > You specify the PCI bus ID but not the corresponding framebuffer
 > device node

In the XF86Config?  That has both the bus id and the dev node:

        Option     "UseFBDev"
        Option  "fbdev" "/dev/fb0"
        Driver      "fbdev"
        BusID       "PCI:0:18:0"

Similarly for the second and third devices (/dev/fb1 & PCI:0:13:0,
/dev/fb2 & PCI:0:15:0, respectively).

Hmm, if change the driver to "ati", am I also supposed the change the
device node Option to "ati", ie 'Option "ati" "/dev/fb0"'?  I never
tried that.

--
[email-masked]

** Sent via the linuxppc-dev mail list. See http://lists.linuxppc.org/