Subject: Re: [PATCH] powerpc/opal-irqchip: Use interrupt names if present

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 19:21:24 +1100

On Wed, 2016-11-30 at 19:07 +1100, Michael Ellerman wrote:
> Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Recent versions of OPAL will be able to provide names for the
> > various
> > OPAL interrupts via a new "opal-interrupt-names" property. So let's
> > use them to make /proc/interrupts more informative.
> 
> I guess there's no point asking whether there's a generic device tree
> spec for this sort of thing, and if so whether we should use it?

There isn't one. The existing "opal-interrupts" from day one was a bit
weird anyway, it's not a proper "interrupts" property to begin with,
but it's unfixable now. Also I don't think there's a generic way to
name interrupts either.

So for this specific case, just adding a new prop with a string-list
matching 1:1 the entries in "opal-interrupts" is the most logical
choice.

Cheers,
Ben.