Subject: Re: [RFC] implement QUEUED spinlocks on powerpc

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2017 07:37:25 +1100

On Wed, 2017-02-01 at 09:05 -0800, Eric Dumazet wrote:
> Hi all
> 
> Is anybody working on adding QUEUED spinlocks to powerpc 64bit ?
> 
> I've seen past attempts with ticket spinlocks
> ( https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/449381/ and other related links
> )
> 
> But it looks ticket spinlocks are a thing of the past.

Yes, we have a tentative implementation of qspinlock and pv variants:

https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/703139/
https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/703140/
https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/703141/
https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/703142/
https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/703143/
https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/703144/

Michael, what's the status with getting that merged ?

Cheers,
Ben.