Subject: Re: [PATCH] powerpc/xive: Fix/improve verbose debug output

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2017 07:20:05 +0200

On Fri, 2017-04-28 at 13:07 +1000, Michael Ellerman wrote:
> Benjamin Herrenschmidt <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > The existing verbose debug code doesn't build when enabled.
> 
> So why don't we convert all the DBG_VERBOSE() to pr_devel()? 

pr_devel provides a bunch of debug at init/setup/mask/unmask etc... but
the system is still usable

DBG_VERBOSE starts spewing stuff on every interrupt and eoi, the system
is no longer usable.

> If there's non-verbose debug that we think would be useful to
> differentiate from verbose then those could be pr_debug() - which means
> they'll be jump labelled off in most production kernels, but still able
> to be enabled.

Maybe... I don't like the giant "debug" switch accross the whole
kernel, though.

Ben.