Subject: Re: [PATCH] mpc832x_rdb: fix of_irq_to_resource() error check

From: Scott Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2017 20:51:44 -0500

On Sat, 2017-07-29 at 22:52 +0300, Sergei Shtylyov wrote:
> of_irq_to_resource() has recently been  fixed to return negative error #'s
> along with 0 in case of failure,  however the Freescale MPC832x RDB board
> code still only regards 0 as as failure indication -- fix it up.
> 
> Fixes: 7a4228bbff76 ("of: irq: use of_irq_get() in of_irq_to_resource()")
> Signed-off-by: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>
> 
> ---
> The patch is against the 'master' branch of Scott Wood's 'linux.git' repo
> (the 'fixes' branch is too much behind).

The master branch is also old.  Those branches are only used when needed to
apply patches; I don't update them just to sync up.  If they're older than
what's in Michael's or Linus's tree (as they almost always are), then use
those instead.

Not that I expect it to make a difference to this patch...

-Scott