Subject: [PATCH 2/7] cxlflash: Limit the debug logs in the IO path

From: Uma Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2018 14:05:08 -0500

The kernel log can get filled with debug messages from send_cmd_ioarrin()
when dynamic debug is enabled for the cxlflash module and there is a lot
of legacy I/O traffic.

While these messages are necessary to debug issues that involve command
tracking, the abundance of data can overwrite other useful data in the
log. The best option available is to limit the messages that should
serve most of the common use cases.

Signed-off-by: Uma Krishnan <[email-masked]>
---
 drivers/scsi/cxlflash/main.c | 4 ++--
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/drivers/scsi/cxlflash/main.c b/drivers/scsi/cxlflash/main.c
index dad2be6..cf0b407 100644
--- a/drivers/scsi/cxlflash/main.c
+++ b/drivers/scsi/cxlflash/main.c
@@ -339,8 +339,8 @@ static int send_cmd_ioarrin(struct afu *afu, struct afu_cmd *cmd)
 	writeq_be((u64)&cmd->rcb, &hwq->host_map->ioarrin);
 out:
 	spin_unlock_irqrestore(&hwq->hsq_slock, lock_flags);
-	dev_dbg(dev, "%s: cmd=%p len=%u ea=%016llx rc=%d\n", __func__,
-		cmd, cmd->rcb.data_len, cmd->rcb.data_ea, rc);
+	dev_dbg_ratelimited(dev, "%s: cmd=%p len=%u ea=%016llx rc=%d\n",
+		__func__, cmd, cmd->rcb.data_len, cmd->rcb.data_ea, rc);
 	return rc;
 }
 
-- 
2.1.0