Subject: Patch "powerpc/pseries: Add new H_GET_CPU_CHARACTERISTICS flags" has been added to the 4.16-stable tree

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2018 19:23:13 +0200

This is a note to let you know that I've just added the patch titled

    powerpc/pseries: Add new H_GET_CPU_CHARACTERISTICS flags

to the 4.16-stable tree which can be found at:
    http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/stable-queue.git;a=summary

The filename of the patch is:
     powerpc-pseries-add-new-h_get_cpu_characteristics-flags.patch
and it can be found in the queue-4.16 subdirectory.

If you, or anyone else, feels it should not be added to the stable tree,
please let <[email-masked]> know about it.

>>From foo@baz Wed May 23 19:18:22 CEST 2018
From: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2018 00:41:14 +1000
Subject: powerpc/pseries: Add new H_GET_CPU_CHARACTERISTICS flags
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>

From: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>

commit c4bc36628d7f8b664657d8bd6ad1c44c177880b7 upstream.

Add some additional values which have been defined for the
H_GET_CPU_CHARACTERISTICS hypercall.

Signed-off-by: Michael Ellerman <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>
---
 arch/powerpc/include/asm/hvcall.h |    3 +++
 1 file changed, 3 insertions(+)

--- a/arch/powerpc/include/asm/hvcall.h
+++ b/arch/powerpc/include/asm/hvcall.h
@@ -337,6 +337,9 @@
 #define H_CPU_CHAR_L1D_FLUSH_ORI30	(1ull << 61) // IBM bit 2
 #define H_CPU_CHAR_L1D_FLUSH_TRIG2	(1ull << 60) // IBM bit 3
 #define H_CPU_CHAR_L1D_THREAD_PRIV	(1ull << 59) // IBM bit 4
+#define H_CPU_CHAR_BRANCH_HINTS_HONORED	(1ull << 58) // IBM bit 5
+#define H_CPU_CHAR_THREAD_RECONFIG_CTRL	(1ull << 57) // IBM bit 6
+#define H_CPU_CHAR_COUNT_CACHE_DISABLED	(1ull << 56) // IBM bit 7
 
 #define H_CPU_BEHAV_FAVOUR_SECURITY	(1ull << 63) // IBM bit 0
 #define H_CPU_BEHAV_L1D_FLUSH_PR	(1ull << 62) // IBM bit 1

Patches currently in stable-queue which might be from [email-masked] are

queue-4.16/powerpc-pseries-fix-clearing-of-security-feature-flags.patch
queue-4.16/powerpc-powernv-set-or-clear-security-feature-flags.patch
queue-4.16/powerpc-64s-move-cpu_show_meltdown.patch
queue-4.16/powerpc-pseries-set-or-clear-security-feature-flags.patch
queue-4.16/powerpc-move-default-security-feature-flags.patch
queue-4.16/powerpc-powernv-use-the-security-flags-in-pnv_setup_rfi_flush.patch
queue-4.16/powerpc-add-security-feature-flags-for-spectre-meltdown.patch
queue-4.16/powerpc-pseries-use-the-security-flags-in-pseries_setup_rfi_flush.patch
queue-4.16/powerpc-64s-enhance-the-information-in-cpu_show_meltdown.patch
queue-4.16/powerpc-rfi-flush-always-enable-fallback-flush-on-pseries.patch
queue-4.16/powerpc-pseries-add-new-h_get_cpu_characteristics-flags.patch
queue-4.16/powerpc-64s-add-support-for-a-store-forwarding-barrier-at-kernel-entry-exit.patch
queue-4.16/powerpc-64s-wire-up-cpu_show_spectre_v1.patch
queue-4.16/powerpc-64s-wire-up-cpu_show_spectre_v2.patch